more songs on itunes than ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Eric DD

Hi: I have the 30 gig ipod. I can not get it to sync completely with itunes. There are 4086 songs on itunes and 4073 songs on the ipod. I can not figure out why this is nor how to get it to sync properly. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks. Eric

Eric DD

hi: yes i have. i switched to manual and then back to automatic as that seems to force a sync. it found a couple songs that were still in the itunes list but where i had deleted the actual song file.

but is there a way in manual that i can figure out which songs are not syncing other than having to go through every song.

thanks for your reply. eric

Eric DD

hi: a quick follow up. I noticed that in my itunes library were streams from various radio stations that i guess i must have saved - these of course did not transfer to the ipod. so after deleting these i am closer to a full sync; there are still four more songs in itunes than there are on the ipod which is not that big a deal in the big scheme of things. eric

bscherokman

Half the songs sync to iPod

When I set Automatic sync with several playlists checked I only get one half the songs on my iPod. I start with 340 songs in the Library and after it auto updates I have 125 songs on my iPod.

Any suggestions?

josbo235

I don't think I can help you if you are missing a large number of songs as, at least with they way I fixed mine, it would be quite obvious what is wrong if it happened to 100 songs. Anyway... The problem I had is that if you have 2 of the exact same Files the iPod will only take one of those.

What I did is put my iPod on manual, made 2 smart playlist by kind in both my iTunes library and iPod. one was for Files containing AAC and the other for containing MPEG. I checked to see what the difference was in the one I made in my Library and the one I made on my iPod. For example in my AAC my iPod had two less then my Library so I sorted them by name in both, put the windows side by side and went through until I found out where the numbers got off and I found that they were duplicate files in my library so I deleted one of those files. I repeated this in my MPEG smart playlist. This could be done by comparing your iTunes library to your iPod Library as well, I just did it this way because with a smaller list in makes it easier to find the files that are duplicated

dcmacnut

Website
www.redwildshow.com
Previous versions of iTunes (prior to 4.2) had a problem transfering songs to the iPod that had comments added to the Comment tag. That usually was the culprit when I was having problems syncing my library.

If your already using 4.2, you could do a restore on the iPod and sync everything over again to see if that catches any errant songs.

Good Luck,

Chris