Cannot restore (error 1439)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Shimshon

Website
www.shimshon9.com
I cannot restore my new ipod shuffle (G2). I also tried to use the ipod reset utility and I was on the apple forum - no help there (I am with windows xp). I installed and uninstalled itunes. I also restored it on an other computer. But when I want to use it on my computer after a short time he wants to restore it again - I never could use my ipod (it's new)!!!
Anybody can please help?

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
I used to have the same problems with my Shuffle. For some reason, the iPod didnt "like" to be connected to the front USB ports of my computer, so when I switched to the ones in the back, it all went away and it worked perfectly.

It cant hurt to try that. If it still doesnt work, Id visit the Apple store just to see if it can be replaced, but of course that only goes for iPods still under warranty.

When I wanted to exchange my Shuffle, I went to the Apple store and the damn thing worked like a charm on their computers, so no exchange for me. I had a Shuffle I couldnt even use properly.

Shimshon

Website
www.shimshon9.com
I tried to switch on a USB in the back - and it worked! After all I tried such a simple solution:) . But why is this happening?:confused:

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
I have no idea why this happens, but its been the ONLY thing that worked for my Shuffle and made it function exactly the way its supposed to. Good to hear it worked for you too.

Now I just leave the lil dock plugged to the back all the time and it sits on my desk, ready for me to plug the Shuffle when I want to sync.

shiva1575

Thank you

I was struggling with this for two days, then I found this piece of advise - It worked. Many Thanks! :) I think iTunes expects to see the iPod on the same USB port that was used for initial setup.:eek:

Thank you,
Siva.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
In my case, the iPod wouldnt work even if I plugged into the same port as I did when I set it up (which was the front port). But once I switched to the back, it all worked properly. It was like magic.

Rabthol

I felt really odd reading these posts and was very skeptical of that. However, I can confirm this does work. I have a 7 port hub coming from the back and one slot up front. recently i started using the front port, not knowing an issue. It degraded and started to take my songs off and then not replace. then it kept this up until it wouldn't take anything.

I Read the initial post and tried it. It took me a few minutes to find the right one, but when i did, it works fine. thanks all!

dogeatery

I felt really odd reading these posts and was very skeptical of that. However, I can confirm this does work. I have a 7 port hub coming from the back and one slot up front. recently i started using the front port, not knowing an issue. It degraded and started to take my songs off and then not replace. then it kept this up until it wouldn't take anything.

I Read the initial post and tried it. It took me a few minutes to find the right one, but when i did, it works fine. thanks all!
Unbelievable, after so much searching and trying a bunch of software options, switching the ipod to a different USB worked right away!

Natbub61

Oct 2009 and iPod still has this 1439 error, I have Windows XP.

I tried for 3 weeks with different options and still not sure what caused this but here's some solutions.

iTunes 9 is unstable and could've caused the ipod to freeze, I reverted back to iTunes 7

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iTunes7/Win/061-5102.20080710.bgty8/iTunesSetup.exe

Also could've been caused transferring to iPod converted videos, I was advised in future, convert 1 at a time to avoid conflict/overlap of data.

Finally the solution that worked, I unplugged printer and webcam and plugged ipod into back of PC and it restored in less than 5 minutes. My arrogance prevented me from trying something soooo simple!!

I did lose all my music but still have it on PC so no drama there, time for an overhaul anyway.

Good luck to others, hope this helps

133mhzipod

Geneally, if anybody experience such errors, its suggested to update to the latest version of iTunes.

Woodayau

fixing 1439 error on 160gb shuffle

I have had this happen twice and been unable to restore my Ipod immediately. I have tried most of the recommended solutions ie, changing USB port, switch off computer etc to no avail. My Ipod wouldn't even show as existing when I plugged it in for some time. I found that just trying to restore added 1-2 bars each time but it did not complete stop the recovery.

However this worked:
leave Ipod plugged into computer.
Press the centre button and menu at the same time until Itunes recognises there is an ipod plugged in. It should also recognise that the Ipod is corrupted and commence downloading recovery software.
With any luck this will then restore the ipod, however you may need to do this several times.
After restoring, move slowly through the menu of itunes, confirming your name and what you want to sync - don't make the mistake of restoring again as you may have to start all over again.

Click sync and it should work OK.

and hold your breath.
best of luck:)

GeekyMami

This absolutely worked on my old Ipod 30GB that had been sitting in my closet for years!!! All it took was to switch the USB port I was using. On laptop it just took the switch to the other USB.

You just have to unplug fast.. Look your Ipod once restore, the main screen shows an Apple and the bar, once it reaches its ends DISCONNECT. If not it continues to say restore again!!!

Thank you everyone for this simply solution :)

Finger

I know this thread's a bit old, but after always being 'difficult' to sync, I was about to chuck my iPod shuffle out after it starting telling me error 1439 each time I connected it & refusing to restore. Instead I found this forum, plugged it into a USB port on the back of my desktop (instead of the one on the front I'd always used) and it is working like a dream (after restoring, without problems). Awesome. Thank you very much! :)