Is AT&T buying out competittors contracts

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JoelS1044

Is AT&T buying out competitors contracts if someone wants to buy an iphone but their contract with another company isn't up yet? Been looking for any info on this and haven't found any.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
U know, that's an excellent idea.

New subscribers are not growing that much, so what's left is to steal customers away.

Write to AT&T CEO, he may take u on it by give u a free phone for ur trouble!

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
in rare circumstances this can happen, but by and large cell companies stay away from this tactic. If they know you are one that jumps ship easily they would rather do without you. You could always check into it though.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
deftdrummer1 said:
If they know you are one that jumps ship easily they would rather do without you.
Since when do modern US-based corporations think this long term? They think in quarter-increment and that means more subscribers next quarter or bust!

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
bobb-mini said:
Since when do modern US-based corporations think this long term? They think in quarter-increment and that means more subscribers next quarter or bust!
I suppose, but if this were the common mindset among these business, it would be easy to see the perpetual cycle. The point, after all, is to get people locked in and keep them locked in. It accomplishes very little to foot a $175 early termination fee, then give away a zero-cost subsidized phone as is done in most cases. In order for these kinds of arrangements to equal out, more than six months must pass on the average $60 monthly service. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that it is very likely a person would jump ship again when the device or service become unattractive again. This is very possible within a six month time span.

anypats

I would guess that in most cases cell companies are not going to buy out contracts for individual customers. Besides, if they do it for one person, they are going to have to do it for your friends and family as well.

The customers that AT&T would be willing to pay out contracts on would be business customers. I worked for a company that Verizon paid off 3 Nextel contracts. However, it was $100 per month for 6 months. Our average Verizon bill was close to $1200 per month so taking off $100 per month for a few months was no big deal.