How Do I Clear My IPOD 5th GEn?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bridgethegap@co

Hi All ...

I just upgraded from a 5th Generation to the ITouch. I want to give my old IPOD to my son for his birthday but I would like to clear it first so that he can put on his own music etc as his taste is much different than mine ... :).

Is there a simple way for me to erase all of my songs, videos etc?

I have already registered my new ITOUCH on my computer with my copy of ITUNES.

Many Thanks ...

ALAN

snowdog99

To clear the iPod just connect it up to iTunes and hit the "Restore" button.

Or just leave it - when your son syncs it with his own iTunes library it will remove all your content and replace it with his.

bridgethegap@co

Merriadok said:
is manual cleanin not ok with you?;)
Manual cleaning is fine but how do I do that? If you mean I should erase all my stuff out of ITunes and then Sync with the 5G, it's not an option because I already sync'd ITUNES and loaded everything on my new ITOUCH.

Is there a way of erasing stuff on the IPOD without using ITUNES? I would like to know this anyway for future reference even if I choose not to do it that way.

Tnx for answering :) .

ALAN

bridgethegap@co

snowdog99 said:
To clear the iPod just connect it up to iTunes and hit the "Restore" button.

Or just leave it - when your son syncs it with his own iTunes library it will remove all your content and replace it with his.
I like your suggestion about just letting my son sync with his own Itunes .. .that is the simplest.

However, just for my own knowlege, does the RESTORE function in ITUNES do a complete erase of the IPOD ... either my 5G or ITOUCH?

Tnx ...

iPod Dan J B

If you connect your 5G iPod to iTunes and select Restore, it will remove all songs & videos from that iPod only, and will also ensure that the latest verion of iPod software is installed. It will have no effect on any other iPods you then mount on your iTunes.

Dan

reneipod

However, just for my own knowlege, does the RESTORE function in ITUNES do a complete erase of the IPOD ... either my 5G or ITOUCH?
It should only restore the iPod that is connected at the time you do the restore. This is going to be your best bet for clearing your 5G to give to your son. Your touch will be fine as long as it is not the one connected when you click restore.