iLounge Forums - View Single Post - "Movie was not copied because it cannot be played"
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 04:43 PM

DynastyForce
Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkee
If you intend on connecting the iPod to a TV, using an Apple TV connected to a larger TV or watching the video on a larger screen such as a computer use the hi-rez setting. It uses a larger resolution, 640x480, and a higher bitrate which looks better on larger screens.

The lo-rez setting is 320x240 and a lower bitrate which will have a smaller file size and looks good on the iPod's small screen but not as good on larger screens.

Some will recommend using the DVD's native 720x480 or an anamorphic resolution setting for newer iPods. I have not had much success using these settings since I have an older 5G iPod video which is a little more strick with video files. I stick with the iPod hi-rez setting in Handbrake for a good reliable and compatible format that works on all my iPods whether it is connected to a TV or not. The hi-rez video also looks great on my Apple TV whcih is connected to a 40" LCD TV.
Awesome Sparkee and again thank you for taking the time to respond.

One more question I have Handbrake opened and the size "Width/Heither is higlighted in green. In autoimported the size 640 x _______, but left the other half blank do I need to fill this in? Or should I be changing it altogether depending on which version (high-rez or low-rez) I decide to go with?

again thanks.