iTunes will not allow me to burn with CD text

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mgsooner

I have been having this issue for quite some time now and it is driving me crazy. I can't fix it.

When I burn CDs using iTunes, the "include CD text" option in the "Burning" tab is greyed out and you can't select/deselect it. Thus, when I purchase an album from iTunes and go to burn it to a CD, I can't burn it with the track titles so they will appear on my car stereo.

Yes, my car stereo supports CD text. And yes, my CD burner supports CD text. Yes, I am using CD-Rs that support CD text. I have another burner program on my computer that I use to burn mp3's to disc, and when I use that one the CD text translates just fine and shows up on my car stereo.

So what gives? Is there any way to resolve this? It's pretty annoying when you pay money for tracks from iTunes and then iTunes won't let you burn the track titles over.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'm using Windows XP, and I just now updated to the most recent version of iTunes.

Website
www.ilounge.com
What is the other burner program that you are using, and what is the model of your CD Recorder?

Unfortunately, there are a couple of different methods for writing CD-TEXT, and not all burners are compatible with iTunes. I know there have specifically been problems with Mitsumi CD Recorders, for instance, which worked fine with Nero but not with iTunes, due to the different CD-Text modes (see http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=178804 ).

mgsooner

The other burner program is Sonic RecordNow Audio V. 2.0.

When I look at properties for my D drive it says "LG CD-RW CED-8080B"

mgsooner

So...I'm assuming there's no solution to this? I'm glad I have to go out and purchase a new CD burner just so I can burn CD text from iTunes.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Well, you could also try updating the firmware on your CD burner.... If you do a Google search on LG CED-8080B CD-TEXT you'll likely find a few other notes where people have had problems getting various applications to recognize that drive as CD-TEXT capable, including problems with Nero and other apps, so I'm not sure this is entirely an iTunes problem.

The issue really, as I said above, is that CD-TEXT is not an official "standard" in the same way that other CD standards are, and therefore there have been more than a few dodgy implementations of it over the years...