Sound effects/alarms not audible anymore

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

perdomot

I use my ipod touch's alarm to give me a heads up when its time to go to work but it suddenly stopped working. The alarm goes off and if I have headphones on, I hear it but the speaker is not working. Anyone else having this problem? I restored the ipod but it still is having the issue.

vmaniqui

ipod touch doesn't have speakers. i think you can only hear it when you have your headphone on otherwise it is useless. i haven't and didn't try it when i had my touch before.

Stay Alive 305

iPhone 3G Owner
Website
www.myspace.com
I would like to correct the post above me.

The iPod touch does has an internal speaker. But it is a cheap little Piezo speaker so it can make click and tweet sounds, which is enough for the alarm. You should be able to hear the alarm go off when it is time. I suggest you call 1-800-4MY-APPLE so you can get it fixed. Remember the iPod touch comes with a 1-year Manufacturer's warranty that will fix hardware. My sleep/wake button broke and they gave me a new iPod touch. Also, if you're iPod touch is jailbroken, make sure to restore it before you send it to Apple.

DerekVOF

I've only ever heard it on my headphones - I don't believe it plays through the external speaker on the iPod Touch, just on the iPhone.

perdomot

The alarm and clicks are quite audible as I used the alarm function to give me a heads-up when to get ready for work and wasn't using the headphones.

Stay Alive 305

iPhone 3G Owner
Website
www.myspace.com
DerekVOF said:
I've only ever heard it on my headphones - I don't believe it plays through the external speaker on the iPod Touch, just on the iPhone.
I never thought I would say this to you Derek, but you are wrong.

Try it out yourself. I have used the alarm before. You can hear it without the earphones, it goes through the cheap internal speaker.

perdomot

Stay Alive 305 said:
LOL I agree, that speaker sucks. I could never wake up to that.
Me neither. I just used it to remind me when it was time to get to work. The click effects were also nice while working with the Touch. Gotta wait a week to see a Genius at the store since nobody was available when I went and apparently the floor personnel have no idea about this issue. Got the feeling the speaker blew out and will have to get a replacement.

aer9998

Here's the case

Apples first generation iPod had an alarm that played a tune through the
Earphones at the set volume(if they were plugged in) at the same time as playing a basic buzz-like tone through a primitive speaker(nevertheless one capable of waking me up at 630 every morning. as it so happens the second and third generation touches incorporate a fully functioning speaker that by default is muted, and even if you remember to turn the volume up before you go to bed it still doesn't wake you up. In other words the new iPod alarms SUCK