cant get voicemail to work on my new iphone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bryce600rr

just got this new phone last night.. when i try to go into my phone icon and hit the voicemail icon nothing happens.. it wont even let me set up a voice mailbox. when someone calls it say that i have not set up my mailbox yet, wtf? can some one please help???
thanks guys and gals

BP

BlackWolf

do you have an unlocked phone? if you are using an officially bought phone with the according contract, which country do you live in?

regards

bryce600rr

ok heres what happened. i got the phone and activated it through itunes. then i proceeded to JAILBREAK the phone just to try it out.. i did it through ziphone.. the way i was supposed to with having the legal contract through ATT then i went to try to set up my mailbox and when i touch the icon it does nothing.. so i restored my phone back to orginal settings and it still does not work.. someone please help...
Bp

BlackWolf

bryce600rr said:
ok heres what happened. i got the phone and activated it through itunes. then i proceeded to JAILBREAK the phone just to try it out.. i did it through ziphone.. the way i was supposed to with having the legal contract through ATT then i went to try to set up my mailbox and when i touch the icon it does nothing.. so i restored my phone back to orginal settings and it still does not work.. someone please help...
Bp
I would simply guess this is not a problem with the phone, but rather a problem on AT&Ts side. call them and ask them about it. tell them that your visual voicemail seems to be unactivated and I guess they have to change that in their system or something.
don't think that this problem is actually related to the phone.

bryce600rr

i just got off the phone with AT&T after about 45minutes they couldnt figure anything out so they transfered me to apple and after 20 minutes with them they transfered me back to AT%T:shake: 20 m ore minutes and still nothing. starting to get mad at this phone and haven't even had it 24hrs yet...
anything else you guys might know of???
Bp

bryce600rr

i just noticed something else when i touch the voicemail icon the recent calls icon lights up!!!! which makes me think it is something in the phone. what do you guys think>

BlackWolf

bryce600rr said:
i just noticed something else when i touch the voicemail icon the recent calls icon lights up!!!! which makes me think it is something in the phone. what do you guys think>
go into the ipod application and tap the "more" button at the bottom.
if this works its at least not a problem with this part of the touchscreen.

like I said, normally your visual voicemail should work right from the start and since you already did a restore I don't see a reason why it should not work except for AT&T. but seems I am wrong.

try the ipod thing. if this doesn't work or something other than "more" pops up its a problem with your touchscreen and you should get a replacement phone. but if your touchscreen works fine ... I don't really know what to do except trying another restore and if it doesn't work visit an apple store. they will probably give you a replacement phone I guess.

bryce600rr

the ipod more button works perfect:confused: do you think it might have something to do with the ziphone jailbreak? will they be able to tell that i have done that at the AT%T store? i did restore it back to orginal format...

BlackWolf

bryce600rr said:
the ipod more button works perfect:confused: do you think it might have something to do with the ziphone jailbreak? will they be able to tell that i have done that at the AT%T store? i did restore it back to orginal format...
I don't think it is related and I don't think they can detect if you have done that.
why did you unlock your phone anyway when you have an iphone contract?

anyway, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the touchscreen. AT&T claims its not a problem with their service. not much left. have you successfully made any phonecalls with the phone?

anyway, I would try restoring it once more and if it still doesn't work just take it back to apple and let them figure it out. it's not your responsibility as a customer to get their stuff to work ;-)

bryce600rr

yes i can call out, recieve calls, and the same with text messages. i was just wanting to see what the difference was when i jailbroke it.. i thought i would be able to make my own ring tones and stuff like that.. i am new to this stuff, sorry
BP

nza21

Visual Voicemail Fix

Hey i saw you were buggin out about voicemail issues, i had the same problem but found the solution, i would be nervous too i messed up my new iphone had i jailbroke it and a feature didn't work, so here's the solution...

Dial your own number.

While the recording is saying that the Mailbox is not configured, press the star (*) key.

You should then be prompted to create a password, and select a greeting.

Once you complete this process, press the voicemail button on your iPhone. You should be prompted for the password you created when you dialed your number.

Visual Voicemail should function properly, greeting creation, messages, all that.

If not, then you should call AT&T.

Best of luck!

kteller8

I had this same problem, i did the new update and then i got no notifications to VM.

I went into settings, then found the AT&T profile, clicked it removed/uninstalled it and then called myself, did a test VM and it worked.

I also did the BeT thettering thing as well in the past, but because i had an old edge original 8g phone, it didnt work. i never removed the profile that was created and thus i see them related.