How to unlock iTouch?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tuffy11111

It has been about a month since I last used my iTouch. I forgot my stupid password and since then I have reformatted. I tried the alloted amount of passwords and none of them worked. I diddnt even have iTunes installed until it locked me out and said "plug into iTunes" so I downloaded it and now it says I am not plugged into the computer it was originally on. Is there a way to get past this?

DerekVOF

I think (think being the big word) that if you do a full restore, it should reset all your data and at least allow you to use your iPod Touch again. You'll lose everything on it though...

kornchild2002

You might also have to enter recovery mode. You do this by plugging the iPod touch into a computer then hold down the power button for about 5 seconds until you see the red slider button to power it off, slide to power off the iPod touch. Then press and hold both the power button and the home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release the power button but keep holding in the home button. Hold the home button in until you see the iTunes logo on the iPod touch, then let go of it. You can then restore your iPod using any computer but keep in mind that you will lose everything.

To my knowledge, this should work for password protected iPod touch's and it is the only way to unlock your iPod touch without plugging it into the first computer.

DerekVOF

There's an easier way to enter recovery without worrying about the timing - saw this over on iPod Touch Fans.

Make sure your iPod Touch is completely turned off and unconnected from your computer. Hold down the Home button, and connect it to your USB cable. It will automatically turn on when you connect the cable. Just keep holding the Home button until the Connect to iTunes logo appears. That's it...

lpon

the same thing happened to me!
i was wondering does recovery mode pretty much mean that everyone goes back to what it was before u did anything with it? like it deleted ur password and everything?

DerekVOF

Yup - recovery mode allows you to restore your iPod Touch to factory settings. You lose anything you installed, added or changed - music, settings, wallpapers, passwords, etc.

Apple Fan

Now what?

So if i lose all my apps, does it include:
permanant ones like safari and youtube?
or do you keep them? PLEASE im so freaked

Skwiz

No, a restore will just leave your Touch exactly like it was when it came out of the box.

Mkeffer13

No, when you restore your iPod touch, that means it resets everything back to factory settings, it will be like when you first bought it, you won't lose safari or YouTube or anything like that.

lupe10

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i have tried everything....and while its restoring it stops and says connection has timed out it tells me that everytime!!!! im fed up already

luiz584

Is it possible to unlock iTouch?

After my warranty have expired a month the iTouch will not unlock.
The option "genius" gave me is to buy another one at 10% only discount!!
I ask them if it is possible to unlock by software or firmaware the iTouch in order to do not lose my $240 dolars inverstiment. They will not provide that.
The reason I want to permanently live the iTouch unlock is that this way I can buy and inexpensive remote control unit and browse the iTouch without having to spend another 200 bucks.
Anyone know if it is possible to unlock via some application or code and live it unlocked. As far as restore and pressing both bottoms, etc, it does not help in my case.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance...

bobie

i did this recovery mode thing and i do it then it stops and says cant do it coz unknown file or sum#### lol

The Lords pod

I'm having the same problem,I can't get my 3rd gen touch to unlock. I've done a restore 3 times,and on the 3rd try I even tried setting it for a new ipod,it did nothing. Can't get the slides to operate.

fran114

i have the first model of the ipod touch and its locked for 4839396 minutes and i cant find a way to unlock it! when i plug it to my computer the itunes tells me that itunes cannot register the itouch untill it is unlocked! & i dont even know how to restore it! what can i do?!? :mad:

Dee22

Help!

My IPod was stolen and I found it, this person that I thought was supposed to be a friend of mine needless to say she wasnt. She stole my IPod Touch and at the time it wasnt locked so she reset it and synced it to another computer, Now I cant get it to do anything. It says that it cant sync to my computer because it is locked, and now its disabled and I cant even try to guess what the password is anymore. I have read all over the internet and found the solution that was on here about holding the buttons and all that and IT IS NOT working for me, I really cant afford to buy another one so if I dont get this one fixed I wont have one. I really want to fix my IPod I cant even get to the screen to try to guess what the code is, it is locked for 40.5 years!! I really need help!

Orlando14

my ipod just have two icons

one is to connect the ipod to the computer and the other one is the itunes logo. and it dosent have the slide bar ! what can i do ?

Last edited:

Glitcher

one is to connect the ipod to the computer and the other one is the itunes logo. and it dosent have the slide bar ! what can i do ?
Well, you know, if it tell you to connect your iPod to the computer, the last thing you want to do is connect your iPod to the computer. :rolleyes:

IPODTOUCHmaster

What to do if u forget ur password

All of u guyz are making it too confusing or long or whatever. The easiest and workable way to do this is by doing the following and best off all u won't loose anything!:
Plug in your iPod.

Wait for it to load completely.

Open My Computer (or computer if on Vista). Make sure you can view hidden files.

Go to iPod_control.
Go to the folder named Device.
If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked.

Safely remove your iPod and it will be cleared.