Audiobooks don't show in iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

FLRN

I have .m4b files that show under "audiobooks" in iTunes, but I can't get them to show up (therefore be able to listen to them!) on my iPod. I double checked my settings on the iPod, even selected that audiobooks be a category on the main menu. I've looked at all the menu options on iTunes & the iPod, but no matter what I've done, they are not in the iPod either under the Audiobooks on the main menu, or under audiobooks under Music.

They also do not show up in iTunes in the "Library", but only under the audiobooks category. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.:confused:

FLRN

sorry should have mentioned - Windows PC. iPod Video 80 gb is what I'm trying to get it to show up on! Thanks.

FLRN

anyone have any ideas? I'm getting ready to go on a trip, and wanted to listen to my audiobook! Thanks.

Sparkee

Are you manually managing the iPod or is it set to auto sync?

The iPods Music sync settings in iTunes should have the AudioBooks Playlist selected when syncing selected playlists.

You should also check to see if the audiobooks are checked if you have the iPod set to sync checked items only.

FLRN

It's set to sync all playlists. I even put it to "sync selected playlists" and manually checked each one (including audiobooks) & they still don't show up. I'm stuck! I've upgraded iTunes to latest version, reset all settings, manually selected it to sync, and they still don't show up. Audiobooks is listed on my main menu as well as a playlist, but the books that show on iTunes are not being transferred to my iPod. Thanks for all help!

FLRN

Okay - latest - I reset my iPod, had it resync everything. When you have iTunes opened, and the iPod attached, I see the audiobooks under the playlist. So I thought, "yeah, finally!". Did a sync, everything still shows up in iTunes and shows under the iPod looking with iTunes. Eject iPod, nothing in the audiobooks folder. Why would it show up as there, when you can't get to it when it's ejected? I'm really stumped.

Sparkee

Look through the iPod's Artist, Album and Songs to see if you can find them under these sections. Could be a tagging issue, right click the audiobooks in iTunes then choose Get Info. Ensure the Name, Artist and Album fields are filled out in the Info tab. You can set the Genre to Audiobook or Spoken Word, but it is not necessary.

andis8853

Here's how to get them to show up....

Hi,

I know this thread was from back in January, but I'm just now reading it and am posting what works for me for those who may read this thread in the future.

I did some poking around online to find out how to convert to m4b and was able to see the audiobook under "Audiobooks" in iTunes...but I had the same problem of them not getting loaded under "Audiobooks" on the iPod.

The tip I found online is to go thru each track in iTunes and listen to a few seconds of it.

Once I did this then the audiobooks showed up under "Audiobooks" after resynching.

HTH!

--Andrea

FLRN

andis8853 said:
Hi,

I know this thread was from back in January, but I'm just now reading it and am posting what works for me for those who may read this thread in the future.

I did some poking around online to find out how to convert to m4b and was able to see the audiobook under "Audiobooks" in iTunes...but I had the same problem of them not getting loaded under "Audiobooks" on the iPod.

The tip I found online is to go thru each track in iTunes and listen to a few seconds of it.

Once I did this then the audiobooks showed up under "Audiobooks" after resynching.

HTH!

--Andrea
Wow, I'll have to give that a try. I never did get it to work, so I've been hoping someone else would respond! Thanks!