Replacement Sync Cables not Working

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SaraJ

My nice new iPod 3G was working fine until my puppy chewed through the sync cable :eek:

I bought a replacement 'Logic3' retractable one (so it would be neat at the back of the PC, out of the puppy's way) but it doesn't do anything at all. It fits OK but my iPod isn't recognised on my iTunes.

I also bought a USB sync & charge/car charger/mains charger set. The cable on it's own is exactly like the logic3 one - not recognised - but when the USB connector is pugged into the mains charger and that's plugged into the mains, the iPod charges fine.

Have I bought the wrong products? Does the iPod Nano 3G required speacial accessories, different from those made for other iPods? I thought replacing the sync cable would be easy but I've wasted £25 so far. I don't want to waste any more money!

Can anyone help?

Many thanks, Sara

SaraJ

Sorry to be posting on my own thread but please, does anyone know if the problem I am having is because the 3G Nano requires different cables to other iPods? I am really sad that I can't add anything to it at the moment and I don't know what to do now :confused: Sorry if mine is a really stupid or obvious question, but having done several searches, I still can't seem to get a conclusive answer. Much thanks in advance.

jasoncordelle

Much of what I have read states that accessories for oldr ipods don;t work with the latest ones. Not sure if this is entirely correct, but it's the info I havemanaged to get from all of the reviews etc.

Google is your friend. ;)

SaraJ

Thanks, so that's why no one was replying - I'm percieved as lazy! Makes more sense now. Perhaps I should have explained initially - I have tried Googling (for hours!), but it's all very confusing because a lot of the products say they are suitable for Nano but don't specify which generations. Even where the product info says 'all Nano', if it was written before the 3G one came out, it still probably wouldn't work on it, so that can be misleading. Obviously I could return it if that happened, but I already have 2 I need to try to do that with so that's a situation I'd like to avoid. I just want one that works. As the ones I have got don't work, I find it hard to trust the ones that say they work for all. Not being a techie and not knowing exactly why they don't work - connection type/software etc - I don't know if it's possible for some to work for all iPods and others not to.

When I bought the Logic 3 one in an electrical store I specifically asked if it was OK for the 3G and was told 'yes, they all work on all iPods'. It clearly doesn't! Think my only option may be a special trip to an Apple store.

Last edited:

jasoncordelle

That might be your best course of action.

I thin the issue is mainly with the new Classics and the new nanos having redesigned interfaces which make the older stuff incompatible (it's a great way of forcing you to update all of your accessories).

I've noticed that my Belkin Tunebase FM works very differently with my new 3G nano.