Windows - No Disk error

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bababooey182

When I use iTunes now I constantly get an error dialog box with the title "Windows - No Disk" and the message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:", "Cancel, Try Again, Continue". Basically when I click the Sync button, this dialog box pops up three or four times. (I do not have 'Enable disk use' turned on for this ipod.)

Searching ilounge and google hasn't located a solution. Any ideas?

Environment:
* Windows XP Pro SP2
* iTunes 7.4.3.1
* iPod nano gen1, software version 1.3.1

bababooey182

Dang, am I the only one with this problem? I'm to the point where any iTunes interaction with my nano results in two to six annoying "Windows - No Disk" dialog boxes! Argh!

dw73

no- bababooey i'm having this same problem. it started happening after i put my music library onto an external hd. i can't find a solution anywhere. somebody please help. my problem happens after i sync my ipod (not everytime, but after 7-8 syncs) the window pops up-there is no disk in drive . retry/cancel/continue. i hit cancel 2 times and it goes away. it is annoying but does not really interfere with itunes. i tried moving all of itunes to the external hard drive, but it still does it intermittently. i've tried most all of the fixes seen on the web/apple/google. from re-lettering the drives-to clearing the recent playlist on quicktime.

ratso

I too...

I too am having this problem. Would appreciate a solution. Have searched across the Web but haven't found any suggestions.

dougbilski

Arrgh!

I can't figure it out either! For me, it says to "please insert a disc into drive E:." BUT - drive E: IS my iPod! :( When I plug my ipod in, it becomes drive E: Maybe we just have to live with it???

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
3 months and no relief? I make house calls... reasonable rates. :D

My first guess is (and the easiest to fix) is that the iTunes database has one or more references to E: You may want to look at it and delete anything with an "!"

My second guess is, iTunes thinks your E: is where your CD is.

dougbilski

Reset?

A simple ipod reset seems to have solved the problem for me. Sorry you all are still struggling! :(

Doug

Parafly9

dw73 said:
no- bababooey i'm having this same problem. it started happening after i put my music library onto an external hd. i can't find a solution anywhere. somebody please help. my problem happens after i sync my ipod (not everytime, but after 7-8 syncs) the window pops up-there is no disk in drive . retry/cancel/continue. i hit cancel 2 times and it goes away. it is annoying but does not really interfere with itunes. i tried moving all of itunes to the external hard drive, but it still does it intermittently. i've tried most all of the fixes seen on the web/apple/google. from re-lettering the drives-to clearing the recent playlist on quicktime.
Same issue here, just moved my files to a NAS and I get this error.

zerosme

Got it!

All you have to do is reset the drive letter for the ipod in windows because for some reason windows thinks the drive letter is taken:

Right click on my computer
select manage
select drive manager
right click on the ipod drive
change the drive letter to Z or something
DONE