iLounge Forums - View Single Post - Free Audiobooks
Thread: Free Audiobooks
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM

robert

Paradise Lost by John Milton Free Download

Free download this month of Paradise Lost by John Milton at Christian Audio (Click Here)

Quote:
Christian Audio
Weaving classical mythology with a deep knowledge and reference to Scripture, Milton's genius for narrative unfolds what his biographer, Samuel Johnson, called his "peculiar power to astonish."

Nadia May has narrated over five hundred audiobooks and has earned the prestigious AudioFile Golden Voice award, as well as fourteen Earphone awards. She is an accomplished film, TV, and theater actress. Her native British voice complements her graduate education in English Literature from UC Berkeley to make her delivery of John Milton's Paradise Lost engaging and nuanced.
You will have to open an account and, during check out, provide a credit card number (As much as I prefer not giving out credit card number, I have had no problems with this site after doing so.)

Use promo code JAN2008 during check out to get the download free.

I had to delete a prior free download from my shopping basket.

To download, after choosing M4B format (Which will make all the files show in iTunes and iPod Audiobooks folder regardles of genre designation. If you are using smart playlist utilizing genre, you may want to change to audiobooks or to add audiobook genre to conditions) and:

Click download button
For each of the 8 CD length parts, chose Open With iTunes (Default) -- imports directly into iTunes.

or:

Chose Save to Disc
Browse to iTunes Music Folder
Create a new folder called "Milton" for ease of locating and importing
Clicked OK or Save to place in folder
Each of the remaining 7 files can be downloaded into the same folder --when choosing Save to Disc, window will open to Milton Folder. Click OK.
Import the folder or files into iTunes

Last edited by robert; 01-06-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: underlining and edit not working properly