iPod Touch is disabled for 2605 Minutes. Any way to fix it?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Shroom08

Well i woke up this morning expecting to pick up my ipod touch and listen to some music only to get this message.

I know it is a poor quality picture (taken with my camera phone) but it read IPOD is disabled Try again in 2605 Minutes. Now I am not ready to wait 43 hours for my Ipod to un-disable itself and to my understanding this message only goes up to an hour, not 2605 minutes.
I also have it jailbroken, so i do not know if that may also be the cause.
Here is a clearer image of the error from Apple.com
]
The site says restoring the ipod will get rid of the message, but i would like to be able to do something else if possible as i do not want to re-sync all my music and videos, and also re-jailbreak it.

So any advice as to how i can get rid if this message without restoring the ipod would be great.

bobbit

Website
www.bluemutiny.com
Either wait it out or restore, basically.

As per the article, this would only happen if you try to enter your passcode too many times, so there are three options here:

1) You were playing with it in your sleep and it disabled itself.
2) It's not yours - you found or stole it - and all attempts to unlock it have failed.
3) A programme you added after jailbreak is malicious and is trying to unlock it internally, thus locks you out.

Either way, it's restore or wait two days. :)

DerekVOF

That's nothing - on another board, someone's iPod Touch was disabled for 4,000,000 minutes (over 7 years!)... Restore got it working again...

BlackWolf

If you are able to SSH into your ipod you may be able to avoid the restore.

I know that you cant figure out your ipods IP but maybe you gave it a static IP or you can look it up in your router?
Well, in case you can SSH into it you can try going to
/private/var/root/Library/Preferences
then download com.apple.springboard.plist
most likely the file will contain some gibberish (so no plain text but rather strange characters). if so convert it with this page:
http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
if not, good for you :D

now search for
<key>SBDeviceLockBlocked</key>
below that line there should be a line that says
<true/>
change this to
<false/>
reupload the file to your ipod (make sure the filename is com.apple.springboard.plist and it overwrites the old file on your ipod) and restart your ipod. I think your ipod should be enabled again.

regards

sprigner

This is BS btw... ;)

Its just a simple SpringBoard.strings edit. Simply open that file and search for the string called "Your ipod has been disabled for 1minuite" then just change the 1minuite to anything you want. Restart ipod and screw up the password a couple of times and you will get the message.

Its only a message mind the original 1minuite time out is still their.

lapankulta

My I-Pod is disabled for 20,858,082min (~40 years)

The battery drained on my I-Pod gen 2 and when I plugged it into my computer to charge it, it turned on and has a message stating

iPod is disabled, try again in 20,858,082 minutes. :(

The iPod is not jail broken and I don't have any apps on it that were not downloaded from iTunes. I updated to v3 SW just after it came out and it's been working fine, until now.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Apple Store and see what those bozos have to say.

If ya'll have any ideas let me know.

crash613

awful lot of one post people here having this problem... almost like they just registered to chime in........... or the same person registered several times..... i am calling BS too.

mickeyC

My grandson's ipod touch says it is locked for 210,000,000 minutes (or something similar). I see where you say to Restore. I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that. Can you explain?

Shadowblaster

Well i woke up this morning expecting to pick up my ipod touch and listen to some music only to get this message.

I know it is a poor quality picture (taken with my camera phone) but it read IPOD is disabled Try again in 2605 Minutes. Now I am not ready to wait 43 hours for my Ipod to un-disable itself and to my understanding this message only goes up to an hour, not 2605 minutes.
I also have it jailbroken, so i do not know if that may also be the cause.
Here is a clearer image of the error from Apple.com
]
The site says restoring the ipod will get rid of the message, but i would like to be able to do something else if possible as i do not want to re-sync all my music and videos, and also re-jailbreak it.

So any advice as to how i can get rid if this message without restoring the ipod would be great.

Just wait it out, ur lucky this same thing happened to me and my wait time until it gets unlocked to try again is exactly 5,053,942 minutes, so consider urself lucky ok?!?!?!?!?!

crash613

you have to wonder if this is the same dude opening up multiple accounts to play his silly games. How many brand new posters do we have in this thread. He simply won't give up the ghost. This has been addressed already by springer

This is BS btw... ;)

Its just a simple SpringBoard.strings edit. Simply open that file and search for the string called "Your ipod has been disabled for 1minuite" then just change the 1minuite to anything you want. Restart ipod and screw up the password a couple of times and you will get the message.

Its only a message mind the original 1minuite time out is still their.

DrunkenLizard

yeah well this thread is the fourth list on google for "iphone disabled try again in 5 milllion minutes"

Have the same issue with my first gen, been sitting in a drawer without a sim card and a dead battery for a while, annoying thing is the power button on top quit working ages ago so I'm at a lost for how to reset the thing.