Pioneer CD-IB100 iPod Adapter

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jp76

Has anyone with the CD-IB100 had a problem with their iPod after upgrading the firmware to 1.2?

I recently updated my iPod (5g 30Gb) to 1.2 and it started doing "weird" things when plugged into the IB100. It would skip tracks and restart from a completely different spot. I eventually reformatted and downgraded back to firmware 1.1, but just wanted to know if anyone else had that problem?

Also, my wife's brand new 5.5G 30Gb also did the same thing. Do I have to reformat that new one and downgrade the firmware also? Will the 5.5G even take the older firmware?

carlos1583

This is my first post after reading this forum for a few days and I must say I like this place a lot. I just bought my first ipod last week and its been pretty cool. I've only used it to run so far but I know as the months go by, I'll have more uses for it.

A few days ago, I purchased the pioneer adapter for my pioneer radio (DEH-4800MP) so that I may use the ipod on the road. I specifically bought only because I read that you could bypass the HU and use the ipod to navigate for music. Unfortunately, I've tried every trick that I've read and I still can't get it to work. I really do not like the navigation of the HU but I really like the sound of the adapter. Can any one please please help me with this so I won't return it? Is there something else I can do? I have the 30G 5generation video ipod with the updated firmware if that helps. Thanks again...

monkeyracer

Help, none of this has worked!

I have a 5.5G iPod Video and a DEH-P770MP with the CD-IB100 (not the ii) and I can not get this to work.

I can get my girlfriend's 5.0G iPod Video to work just fine.

Please someone help!

To answer the case question, I use the Agent 18 case, and sometimes a Samsonite Skin (silicone) and it fits fine, the Samsonite cases still let me dock it to my girlfriend's iHome iH5.

sparx

HOLY **** I almost did a back flip when I got it to work. It takes a little getting use to the timing of the whole by-pass but once you get it it works every time. THANKS AGAIN!

30gb video - pioneer deh3800p head w/ controller.

sparx

HOLY **** I almost did a back flip when I got it to work. It takes a little getting use to the timing of the whole by-pass but once you get it it works every time. THANKS AGAIN!

30gb video - pioneer deh3800p head w/ controller.

jp76

Does anyone else have the problem with the iPod continuing to play when you shut off the HU?

I've noticed that both my iPod's (5g and 5.5G 30Gb) with firmware 1.2 and higher will continue to play for a minute or two even though the HU is off. I like just using the HU controls and I'd like to not have to manually shutdown the iPod everytime I turn off the HU.

camaro322hp

Website
camaro305hp.freeservers.com
pedrof said:
Thankfully, after about an hour of frantic fiddling with the iPod and my Pioneer head unit, I've found a way that reliably allows me to control the iPod using the clickwheel while attached to my head unit with the recent 1.2 firmware upgrade installed on the iPod.

The trick is to have the iPod turned on and at the same time as you plug in the Pioneer controller plug, hold down the play/pause button. If all goes well, the Pioneer screen might come up on the iPod briefly but then it should go to sleep. Press any button again and voila, you should have full control of the iPod again while still hooked up to the head unit.

Whew!!!
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. Just wanted to confirm that this method works fine with my 5.5G 80GB running firmware 1.2.1, with the DEH-P9800BT & iB100II.

Thanks pedrof!

jas0nt

Website
www.genmay.com
using an ipod 1.2.1 and i cannot seem to control it from the ipod.

i have done the following:

- ipod off
- hold play/pause
- plug in cable
it comes up with tick and it stays there and doesn't allow me to control it.

any suggestions?

Phi Kai

I have a 3G with firmware 2.3 I am unable to get this trick to work...any thoughts? maybe a different firmware version?

My girlfriend has a Video Ipod with Frimware 1.2.1 and it works great...

anyone able to help?

swegs

this thread is awsome. i found the original work around with letting the ipod turning itself a long time ago. i never updated my ipod firmware because i didnt want to mess up my work around then about 2 weeks ago i accidentally clicked yes to the update when itunes started up and i havent been able to control it on my ipod since. im just glad someone found a new work around.

great work guys keep it up

kourtney

pedrof said:
Thankfully, after about an hour of frantic fiddling with the iPod and my Pioneer head unit, I've found a way that reliably allows me to control the iPod using the clickwheel while attached to my head unit with the recent 1.2 firmware upgrade installed on the iPod.

The trick is to have the iPod turned on and at the same time as you plug in the Pioneer controller plug, hold down the play/pause button. If all goes well, the Pioneer screen might come up on the iPod briefly but then it should go to sleep. Press any button again and voila, you should have full control of the iPod again while still hooked up to the head unit.

Whew!!!

so just to double check, you hold down play/pause while plugging in the pioneer plug then release it when it is in?

i used the pioneer adapter cord for the first time today and i'm already desperate to get a work around. i tried one unsuccessfully so i have high hopes for this.

thanks!

mr.vls

DEH P77DH & IPOD 2nd Gen 8GB Nano

I just tried the power off while connecting the dock connector for the Pioneer CD-IB100ii and it worked like a champ. Now I can control my IPOD either from the Head Unit or the IPOD itself. What a fantastic trick. Now I am going to try the same trick with the Volvo Factory Ipod Kit. If it works I will post.

jetboy8090

cd-ib100 and iPOD touch

Hey just got an iPOD touch to replace my ipod mini and hooked it up to my cd-ib100 (the first one not the 2nd model) and on my head unit the song displays i can scroll through the songs also but there is no sound. In the upper right hand corner of the iPod touch the little play symbol shows up but i dont know whats wrong. Is the iPod touch compatible with the cd-ib100?

jetboy8090

nevermind

nevermind...did some rewiring and the ipod touch works with the first pioneer ipod adapter...

swegs

so sad story, my 60 gig got stolen in sept and so i got the new 80 gig classic for christmas. i couldnt get the old work around that worked with the ipod videos to work with the new classic. after doing a bit of digging i came up with someone who figured out a new work around for the classics. quote below was copied from another post. also just for reference i have the newest firmware on my classic the 1.0.3 version

work around #1

With your car turned off andthe Ipod completely shut down (allow auto shut off which takes about 1 minute), put ipod on HOLD and plug it into the adapter. Wait about 5 seconds or so, then turn the car on. You should see the charge screen on your Ipod. Turn HOLD off and once you dothis it will return to the Pioneer display screen (it may also stay on the charge screen). If you try and press menu it should back out of the Pioneer (or charge) screen and into main menu.'

This seemed to work about three to four times with the IPod Classic but didnt work consistently. What I found out that’s consistent at gaining control of your IPod Classic while connected to the CD-IB100II is:

work around #2

1. Connect your IPod to the CD-IB100II. Switch your vehicle on but don't start it, IPod doesnt have to be off when you connect it.

2. Switch your vehicle off when you see the 'Pioneer' screen on your IPod. If your IPod starts playing, this will not be a problem.

3. When you switch your vehicle off, the “Pioneer” screen will still be displayed on yourIPod. Press and hold the “Menu” button on your IPod this will cause the “Pioneer” screen to change to the IPod’s menu.

5. Start your vehicle you will still see the IPod’s menu and you will have control of your IPod.
i didnt try the first work around so i dont know if it really works but i did try the second and it worked the first try

hope this helps some people and happy listening

Last edited:

jetboy8090

ipod touch workaround

does anyone know if there is a work around for the ipod touch and the pioneer ipod adaptor??

jesusrop

swegs said:
so sad story, my 60 gig got stolen in sept and so i got the new 80 gig classic for christmas. i couldnt get the old work around that worked with the ipod videos to work with the new classic. after doing a bit of digging i came up with someone who figured out a new work around for the classics. quote below was copied from another post. also just for reference i have the newest firmware on my classic the 1.0.3 version

i didnt try the first work around so i dont know if it really works but i did try the second and it worked the first try

And is it possible to control an 80 gig ipod classic from the head unit? I'm planing to upgrade, but mi iPod is not accessible while driving, so I need to control it from the HU. I have a deh-p65bt with a cd-ib100II adaptor

Thanks!

Last edited:

swegs

i dont really know if its going to work through your headunit or not, the only reason i need ot control it on my ipod is because its so ####ing slow to control it through the headunit otherwise i would.

jesusrop

Works perfectly. If you find it to slow, each time you enter a sub-menu, allow the unit a few seconds to load all the data. The it will scroll quite better. It works with the classic iPod, but did'nt with my 6 GBy mini, so i think it depends on wich ipod you are using. Browsing with the classic is quite good.

trancer70

swegs said:

Has anyone had luck with the 80/160 GB classic with those workarounds - I just got a 80 GB classic and cant get any work around to work - my 30 gig worked fine until it died and both nanos I have also work with a workaround but I cant get any workarounds to work for the 80G classic