How to set the "Incoming Call" screen the way you like it - Mac only

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

djjasman

Since the iPhone came out I always wondered where the option was that sets the "Incoming Call" screen to look either with a full screen image in the background or the little image in the name area. (See images below)

I have heard it was only possible via Outlook in Windows. So because I never used outlook to set my phone list I figure it was a lost cause.
I finally stumbled across the answer and since it wasn't easily clear that anyone had written up a "How To" I wrote this one up.

Since we typically add pictures to our contact list thru our iPhones using pictures we either have taken with our iPhone or pictures imported in from iPhone most of us typically won’t attempt to insert pictures using the Address Book app from our Macs. This is why we get the full screen background image of our contact when they call in.
But if you sync your contacts with the Address Book app under Mac OS X and you decided to click on the picture that is sync-ed with the contact you actually get the option to apply all the picture effect you have when using the Photo Booth app. I suppose this is new in Panther only. So I actually applied an effect on one of the pictures that I had sycn-ed in my contacts and low and behold I got the other "Incoming Call" screen.

In other words, if you wish to have the alternative incoming call screen all you need to do is add pictures to your contact list using the Address Book app in Mac OS X and sync-ing your contact with your iPhone.

Enjoy.

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
The only way I've ever added contact pics is via the address book in OSX. Yet I still only get the generic call ID screen. What am I missing?

djjasman

Dim
What version of OS X are you running. When you add a picture using Address Book app does it promp you to save it in a similar manner as you would to add a picture in your image profile?
I might have discovered something that is unique to Panther.

oSoTrooper
If you sync your contacts only through outlook on windows you will have the same effect. Make sure to set the sync option on iTunes when syncing your iPhone.

Dumb Monkey

I also have normally used the OSX address book to set contact pictures. They've always shown the smaller image for caller ID. I wasn't even aware of the fact that they show differently when setting the contact picture on the iphone itself. I tried it and sure enough, the full screen contact picture displays instead of the small one. Can't decide which I like better, though. Kinda wish it would use both.

djjasman

thanks Dumb Monkey for verifing this info. I just stumbled on it too. I wish you could just set this feature as a setting or something.