I believe you are looking to have a single entry in the Audiobooks section for your book instead of seeing all the tracks.
You can try to do this by following the steps already documented in this section of the forums for merging the book together into a single file. There will be issues, ranging from incompatibility of some merging software to files getting too large to keep their place even if Remember Playback Position is turned on.
I recommend the following:
1. Set your import quality to Podcast Quality for audiobooks.
2. Rip CD Audiobooks as a single file per CD (Select all the tracks, Advanced->Join CD Tracks, import CD).
3. Set Remember Playback Position and Skip on Shuffle for each file.
4. Create a Playlist to hold the book.
5. Create a Smart Playlist to play the book (Playlist is name from step 3 and Play Count = 0)
6. Optional - Load artwork for the audiobook
7. Sync the Smart Playlist and the other book playlist to your iPod.
What you need to do to listen is, locate the Smart Playlist (under MUSIC->Playlists or Playlists if you have that enabled in the iPod Settings), press Play on the playlist.
As you listen, the files you complete will fall out of the smart playlist, so you won't re-hear a part of the book you have finished. Because the Remember Playbook Position is turned on, if you pause your place within the file is retained.
You can leave the audiobook, listen to something else, and go back to it, and your place will be picked up.
Once you are done with the audiobook you can use iTunes to view the playlist with the book select all the files and choose Reset Playcount which will allow the book to be listened to again with the smart playlist.
Rereading your post again, you could be talking about the tracks being sorted out of order. This can be resolved by ensuring the title is the same, and the Disc # and Track # is set for each file.
Hopefully one of these answers your question.
Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....