How to turn auto-sync back ON?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

breakpoint

I was reading directions on the site t turn it off, i did that succesfully cause i wanted to load my bro's ipod. So I restored his ipod since it was new and all and my comp has firewire and his doesnt. So I then try to connect his ipod thru my comp but it doesnt leave the "Do not disconnect." text so I can't get it to show in itunes to add songs. And I dont know where to go in iTunes to turn auto-sync back on. Can someone help me?!?!? thanks

breakpoint

What would a reset do? All i want to do is turn back auto-sync on in itunes. I dont see how a reset would help.

breakpoint

no no, the Dont not disconnect isnt perminent, all i ahve to do is take the plug out and it returns to the lists. But I dont know how to get the ipod to show up in Itunes since the Auto-sync is off and I dont know how to turn auto-sync back on.

M.S

Old Fart
breakpoint said:
no no, the Dont not disconnect isnt perminent, all i ahve to do is take the plug out and it returns to the lists. But I dont know how to get the ipod to show up in Itunes since the Auto-sync is off and I dont know how to turn auto-sync back on.
Autosync isn't an iTunes setting, it is an iPod setting. i.e. if autosync is off for YOUR iPod, it is not necessarily off for your BROTHER'S iPod. If iTunes isn't seeing his iPod, it is because of something other that you turning autosync off on yours.

You're apparently running Windows, so try rebooting both your PC and your brother's iPod, then try again. If that doesn't work, try doing another restore to his iPod, the last one may not have worked properly.

Chelce

Sold my soul for my iPod
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but have you tried rebooting your computer? I know it sounds weird, but my computer did EXACTLY the same thing and it wouldn't recognize my iPod, and all I had to do was reboot and it was fine. The only way that I know of to change the AutoSync on/off is to click on the little iPod button thing that pulls up the iPod options window (after the computer recognizes your iPod) and change it there. Best of luck fixing your problem. :)