• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

128GB iPod Touch september 2010

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

natrino

Website
www.keeleyfansite.co.uk
16GB 2007 (Already have)
32GB 2008 (Almost certain)
64GB 2009
128GB 2010

they increase the storage every year and flash meomery has to double each time

..and I'm pretty certain will have 1 TerraByte flash before 2015

enjoilax

um, there is a 160 gig iPod out now... so... you've been wrong for a long time.

ben7337

natrino said:
16GB 2007 (Already have)
32GB 2008 (Almost certain)
64GB 2009
128GB 2010

they increase the storage every year and flash meomery has to double each time

..and I'm pretty certain will have 1 TerraByte flash before 2015

Um one teeny tiny problem that may or may not apply. I am not sure of the speed at which flash memory is increasing it's capacity, however from what I have understood it is proably not going faster than moore's law and therefore flash memory cannot keep doubling every year for forever so that may be looking a bit too far into the future. Also I am pretty sure that as flash memory size increases it approaches that set minimum size limit that exists and therefore people are working on better memory technologies that have a smaller minimum size and may even be out by 2010 so memory by 2010 might not even be "flash" memory.

Bernardo Gaetani

Maximinum memory year by year

iPod (2001) - 10GB
iPod (2002) - 20GB
iPod (2003) - 40GB
iPod (2004) - 40GB
iPod (2005) - 60GB
iPod (2006) - 80GB
iPod (2007) - 160GB

16X more memory in 6 years!

iPod Classic w/ touchscreen and 2.5TB to 2013!!!

ben7337

Bernardo Gaetani said:
Maximinum memory year by year

iPod (2001) - 10GB
iPod (2002) - 20GB
iPod (2003) - 40GB
iPod (2004) - 40GB
iPod (2005) - 60GB
iPod (2006) - 80GB
iPod (2007) - 160GB

16X more memory in 6 years!

iPod Classic w/ touchscreen and 2.5TB to 2013!!!
Bernardo have you considered looking at the maximum capacity hard drives available a certain time before each iPod came out for a more accurate depiction of hard drive size options in general, or perhaps a regression line for the data you have presented? Following an exponential regression line there won't even be 2 TB of storage in iPods in 6 years, also your data ranges over 7 yrs not 6. 7 yrs from now the line predicts closer to what you have stated. However that still may be inaccurate.

enjoilax

oh boy do i feel stupid.

Actually the first post is more or less right, but they will go for more even numbers, so I could see maybe 250 gig (MAX) by 2013.

Who knows, maybe Apple won't even go past 80 at a certain point because of people just not using their space.

ben7337

They will certainly go past 80 as they are able and people ask for more space. The main point is that as space increases, some people might not need as much and thus smaller size models might come out e.g. Nano 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB, in other words the range of sizes may just keep increasing. The again apple does love it's money so that probably will haven at capacities well above 16-128GB.

XVI

Do you think we'll get a 32GB iPhone or iPod Touch first?

Bernardo Gaetani

I dunno about iPod Touch future why Apple will resell iphones in Europe now... And have more persons in all world importing from US, a huge number of iphones...

Maybe with iPhone in more countries, iPod Touch dies...

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
This is a good strategy... if you make a prediction for several years in the future, people will have completely forgotten when you're wrong.

Astro_Digital

Bernardo Gaetani said:
I dunno about iPod Touch future why Apple will resell iphones in Europe now... And have more persons in all world importing from US, a huge number of iphones...

Maybe with iPhone in more countries, iPod Touch dies...

Can think of 3 reasons.

Maybe because not everybody needs a phone ?

They do not want an ugly iPhone ?

or

They read enough negative reviews to know they should stay clear ?

Bernardo Gaetani

Mobiles have more sell than players. Ok, but they can change iPhone Design, no? Steve Jobs don't belive in reviews... If u know Apple, u know what i say.

Bernardo Gaetani

major_grand said:
it's called moore's law
Of Corse, Apple sells iPhone official in only 4 countries and is a sucess in all world, people import iPhones in all countries and billions want to in the next change of phone, buy an iPhone...

Another subject... 10Megapixels camera in 2010 isn´t good?

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
Bernardo Gaetani said:
10Megapixels camera in 2010 isn´t good?

Megapixels are meaningless. The quality of the lens and the image sensor are the keys. There'll never be a high quality lens or image sensor in something as small as an iPod. There's not enough room for either one. More megapixels just means a bigger crappy image.

Skwidspawn

Another thing to mention is that SSDs are just barely hitting the market. They're faster, larger, and can potentially hold more storage than current NAND. As they become more common the price will drop significantly, it's possible that by 2010 our iPods won't even be using NAND. After all, we've already seen a switch from Hard Disks (a la iPod Classic) to NAND (everything else) in Apple's lineup. It's not unreasonable to think that new storage technology will be available in the near future.

hyroboarder

Surf Monkey said:
Megapixels are meaningless. The quality of the lens and the image sensor are the keys. There'll never be a high quality lens or image sensor in something as small as an iPod. There's not enough room for either one. More megapixels just means a bigger crappy image.
The term "megapixels" is like digital zoom. It's twisted by companies as a selling point for cameras. Plus, if two same-sized sensors have diff #'s of megapixels on them, the one with more mp's will add noise to the image. Consumers don't need 12 mp cams to print out 4x6 shots.

Plus it seems stupid that people care about the specs of their phone's camera. Go out and get a standalone if you're that worried.