iPod Touch is disabled. Anything I can do?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

decoradova

I work for a charter company that shuttles tourists around South Florida and a few days ago I found an iPod touch lying on the seat of our tour bus. Naturally, I turned it into our lost and found devision but since we handle a large number of tourists per day, our policy is if its not retrieved within a week we can take it with us. Unfortunately, when I got home, I found the device with a "iPod is Disabled please connect to iTunes" message. When I connected it, iTunes alerted me that it would be unable to unlock the player for me. Is there any way I can get around this, google has not been much help since anything with the word "disabled" in it relates to the new release of iTunes that disables modding and I am not an experienced person with iPods but I do have a pretty strong knowledge of computers in general. Any help is appreciated and I apologize in advance for my first post being one for help.

Foldarn

I would wipe it. Hold home and power and after the screen changes let go of power but not the home key. This should wipe the flash and prep it for setup again.

hagleyfinnest

hahaha

yeah I have the same problem with mine. Have you done anything to your one yet?????? I would like to know what you have done..

Dragon Striker

hagleyfinnest said:
yeah I have the same problem with mine. Have you done anything to your one yet?????? I would like to know what you have done..
it works but you have to do this while connected to itunes. doing so i tunes will find it after your " locked message" appears iTunes will give you the option of restoring it. leave it connect and everything should be fine

dugie12345

hello can you help me on how to unlock my ipod touch i have forgoten my password is there anything i can do about it or not ?

TwistedGhost

when i try to restore my itunes says there is no software available for this ipod please check to see if you have the most recent version of itunes and try again but i have the newest version and it stilkl wont find anything

kornchild2002

What is up with all these single-post people asking questions that are different from the thread topic (except for dugie but all they had to do was read the thread)?

rmosull

thank you

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. worked perfectly!!!!!

jhunjaramilla

i have the same problem with DECORATIVA right now. any solutions? please share. thank you

xMrComptonx

I work for a charter company that shuttles tourists around South Florida and a few days ago I found an iPod touch lying on the seat of our tour bus. Naturally, I turned it into our lost and found devision but since we handle a large number of tourists per day, our policy is if its not retrieved within a week we can take it with us. Unfortunately, when I got home, I found the device with a "iPod is Disabled please connect to iTunes" message. When I connected it, iTunes alerted me that it would be unable to unlock the player for me. Is there any way I can get around this, google has not been much help since anything with the word "disabled" in it relates to the new release of iTunes that disables modding and I am not an experienced person with iPods but I do have a pretty strong knowledge of computers in general. Any help is appreciated and I apologize in advance for my first post being one for help.
I had the same problem and youtube'd it and found this little kid that help me out a lot it is a simple process! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reXQKt7jJMo

mpfd13

hi, my little cousin has an ipod touch,
she change her password, but now she forgot the new password.
now her ipod is disabled! what i can do to help her!
her ipod has a note that say connect to itunes!
we already connected but doesn't work!
what we can do?

andshejustcried

I found a really good solution!

I was researching this on google, because the instructions on here didn't help me. And I found these steps! It worked for me!

Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone or iPod touch, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
# Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPhone or iPod touch to turn off.

* If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPhone. When you reconnect the USB cable to iPhone, the device should power on.

Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button.

If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert.

Yung Falcon

Swipe not active

I tried that mess and it didnt work, so i guess im going to have to go on itunes

fazia

ipod is disabled

hi . my little brother changed his password but now he forgot his password and it's say ur ipod is disabled connect to itunes . what can we do?