ipod screen stuck on "OK To Disconnect"

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

1brownmonkey

ok, my ipod screen is stuck on OK to Disconnect" - i disconnected it from my MAC, and thescreen is still there, and i cant get to the main menu - or any menu - for that matter. HELP. please! (i have a 3rd gen)

1brownmonkey

did that and....

the apple logo comes up and flashes - nothing happens when i press the buttons - in order to get rid of the apple i have to do the force firewire thing (press menu/play till the OK to Disconnect screen appears - then it gets stuck on that)

1brownmonkey

doesn't regonize it

now my G4 isnt regonizing it, the ipod doesntshow up in itunes or on the desktop - the flashing apple is back on my ipod screen....is it broke (as in needs to go back to apple)or do you think i should reinstall the sofware?

1brownmonkey

managed to disconnect it...

i was able to get the ipod disconnected from my G4 - now i am stuck with the check mark and "OK to disconnect" screen again - do i reinstall the software - and if i do, how might i go about this because the G4 does not recognize the ipod when i plug it in - how will i load the software if no ipod shows up when i connect it to my G4? thanks!

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
I would reinstall the software in the one in a million chance it'll recognize it--but it looks like you've got a fried ipod on your hands. Think unfortunately you're going to have to send it back...

j1y

I went through this last night, too, but restore did bring me back to factory. I put in a call to Apple Support, and the helpful fellow there wouldn't tell me if this is something I should expect again during my iPod's lifespan (much less its warranty), and directed me to the instructions on their website--which leave off after Firewire Disk Mode.

$300 for three months' use. Can't fault their impeccable design, but as with anything, sales go up/QC plummets.

ipodgenious098

ok..this is what you do..toggle the hold button about 5 times...then hold the enter(middle button)and menu and the same time for about 10 seconds...the apple sign comes up after that and that means you unlocked it.....let me know how it went....

sugarplum3

I received this error and used the solution provided by ipodgenious098 and it worked! I am so so so thankful I found this forum and appreciate those who share their knowledge!

klawhead

ok..this is what you do..toggle the hold button about 5 times...then hold the enter(middle button)and menu and the same time for about 10 seconds...the apple sign comes up after that and that means you unlocked it.....let me know how it went....
i borrowed my roommate's ipod without permission and tried to load the music into my itunes. bad idea. got the ok to disconnect message. omg. went into disaster mode. they have years of music on this thing. i found your solution and it worked. i never register for anything but had to on this site so i could say thank you so much. you are a true guru god.
kate

Floridaxa22

Great topic! I agree with everything said so far. But want to add one thing. Choose a spokesperson for the band. The engineer will apeciate it. The studio is a great place!
I could live in one if allowed. Very Happy Remember to relax and have fun.

mrsrussell

This post may have be almost 3 years old, but thank goodness for it! I wouldn't have known what to do! Thanks so much!

pamster369

So very thankful!

Like mrsrussell said, this post is over 3 yrs old, but I'm so very grateful for ipodgenious098! My friend gave me an ipod classic totally loaded with my favorite music and books for my birthday in January, I haven't even had it a month. It got frozen this morning and I tried the 1st suggestion from dmt1 but that didn't work. I was devastated!!! Then I kept reading... Thankfully!!! So glad they keep these posts on here. Thank you, ipodgenious098 :D

Cold Irons

Glad this worked...this time. But, keep in mind, if the ONLY place that you have this music stored is on you iPod, you are always risking losing it all. Things happen to iPods that cause you to have to "Restore" them, which deletes all of the files (not to mention the possibility of losing the iPod or dropping it into water, etc., etc.).

You really should copy the files off the iPod onto a computer for safe keeping.
Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide | iLounge Article

sallenmd

I would say that if the only place you are storing content is on the iPod, there's more than just a risk of losing it all. It is 100% certain that you eventually will lose it all because at the very least, all hard drives eventually fail.