iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rldunn

Did you clear your Safari cache out (done through Settings-Safari, option at the bottom), and does that help?

Brutus22

FFFF, wrote this whole long thing on my issues I faced and this damn site asked me to log in and lost everything I wrote WTF.

Gonna condense issues:
-Voicemail feature to change to personal message failed, call directly into AT&T as a work around.
-Slide lock failed to work, got it to work through a trick by doing the slide attempt then right after pressing the home button, worked perfectly. reset fixed this anyhow once I figured it was not some lock feature thing I did.
-Music/Videos (basically IPOD stuff) stopped showing content, music or anything, had to reset, fixed it right away.
-Wicked annoying but when surfing or google map or directions, the window would autmatically close and go to the home page as if a phantom hit my home button, rest function fixed this also.
-sound seems low, the speaker seems fine to me, but that earpiece seems too quiet, I am probably going deaf maybe it is from the Bang Camaro blasting away in my head, but I know I am not the only one to report this issue.

Generally i love this phone (if the reset function did not fix stuff so easily I would be wicked annoyed), sure there are some things they should fix like being able to maybe some of you know how:

-sync with FireFox.

-Browser saving my username/password and/or recalling the name I used in the field so I do not have to type it out every single time with my fat fingers.

-taking outlook calendar info completely (unless someone can tell me how to get it to show up this way), IE: if you put a begin date and end date for lets say a vacation, why does the iphone not take that data across then dates, instead they only take the first date (vacation 7/15 - 7/25....outlook will show this across all those dates....iphone will only show the initial date 7/15)

-copy paste function...oooooh that would be soooo awesome, use it all the time.

-be able to use the phone sideways with every features especially email.

-flash/macromedia to be able to use safari as a true browser seeing trailers, sports clips or otherwise

-change the home menu

-be able to delete multiple emails.

-be able to send email easily...so far not clear what outgoing mail server I need to use...I always get errors when trying to send email or replying to email. Aha found work around, not tested it yet, you can use the AT&T outgoing mail server on the edge network: If your ISP does not allow you to connect to their outgoing mail server to send email from outside their network, you can use the following AT&T outgoing mail server instead.

* cwmx.com. No user name or password required

B.

Last edited:

rldunn

Surf Monkey said:
I did that and I rebooted iPhone. It helped. Thing is, one really shouldn't have to do that stuff to make sure the browser is reliable.
I agree. Just wanted to make sure you knew there was a way to fix it temporarily. I've had to do this as well, but only a few times. Seems to be needed more after visiting certain website or trying more complex things (many web pages open at once).

uberfun68

I reset the cache two or three times a day in the settings and this tends to speed things up.

kauffee

dakdag said:
Here's something weird. Just got my iphone a couple of days ago and so far it has exceeded my expectations as far as fun-ability and usability. The only thing that has happened is yesterday i was on a call, another call came in, the call i was talking to hung up right as i went to the other call. the phone started vibrating like a call was coming in and continued to pulsate-vibrate while on the call. I hung up, made another call, and again it pulsated-vibrated through the duration of the call. Called a few more people to see and continued to do it. Turned the phone off, back on and no more. No big deal i guess but it was interesting. Thought ya'll might like to hear it.
The same thing happened to me yesterday! Wildest thing. Except for me, it wasn't just vibrating, the ringer was going off too. The person on the other line said she didn't hear it, but it was wild. I tried making another call and the instant the phone connected, it started ringing and vibrating again.

Like you, I power-cycled the phone and everything returned to normal. Pretty crazy bug, though.

thewho61

I've had 2 problems with my iPhone:

First, it won't update more than twice in one day. If I try to connect it any more, the computer doesn't recognize it, the iPhone doesn't update, and I have to reset the phone and restart my computer in order for it to work.

Secondly, when I connect it to my iHome iH6, I get a lot of TDMA noise, and it brings up a nag screen to turn on airplane mode, which I do. My problem is that when I remove the iPhone from the dock, as it's searching for the network, it brings up a nag screen between 2-3 times asking for the password for my voicemail. I can cancel all of the pop-ups, but it's starting to get annoying, and no matter how many times I sync it or reset it, it continues to do it.

corryzahn

Website
corryzahn.com
thewho61... what I've found works is to set it to airplane mode BEFORE you put it in the dock. This requires that you remember to take it out of airplane mode when you remove it, but it cuts out the noise, and also doesn't give me the nag screens afterwards.

The only problem I have, is that I really miss the ALBUM SHUFFLE option from my iPods. A lot of the music I have here, I prefer to listen to the whole album, but I don't want to have to pick a new one every 40 minutes or so. Guess I can just use my iPod for that for now, and hope it's a software update in the future.

melissabee

Can't edit contacts while on a call

I find it really annoying that you can't edit a contact while on a call!:shake:

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
I really don't like the way gmail operates on the iphone. Most of my concerns are with regards to the email / sms applications.

I have only one gmail account which is supposedly constantly checking (every 15 minutes although it seems like every second) for new mail. When I go into my mail account it always says I have like 21 or 15 or some huge amount of new messages, but when I go online to my gmail account there are like 1 or 2 already read messages. This is really annoying that it doesn't stay accurately up to date because I use the email app to send text messages all day long.

Another weird thing is that several times a day my iphone will alert me that I have a message or new email, but when I go to check there is nothing new at all. Sometimes several times within a few minutes.

My third and final gripe is that you can't designate different alert tones for email / sms so that you know what kind of message you are getting without even looking.

**UPDATE**

just went to the gmail settings under POP / Forewarding and there may fixes within these individual settings that affect the way the iphone operates.

Last edited:

Me2Pogi

When is Apple going to update the iPhone firmware to include "Multiple-Recipients" text messaging...I mean c'mon do they really expect me to type a text message to every single person I wanna invite to my dinner party??

GSA190

I really hope all of these bugs and glitches are fixed before I get my new iPhone.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
GSA190 I'm sorry you dont have one now, but the Pro's far outweigh the "glitches" most of which are relatively minor.

duceduc

I had mine for 4 days, and it froze up while using the utube feature. Soft reset did the trick.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
I hear that safari crashes a lot while browsing. Although I don't do too much browsing, I have never had it carsh on me yet. There have been times it has slowed down but never crashed, and I have not reset my iphone once.

Quillz

Enlightened
Website
www.quillz.net
So far, the only major bug I've experienced with the iPhone is that I'll be using the iPod and go into Safari, and then, for no particular reason, the iPod will simply crash and stop playing my music.

duceduc

just noticed a glitch as I'm browsing the net & listening to my mp3 songs, the iphone would stop playing my songs. The phone didnt freeze as I can still move about the phone. I would need to go back to the iPod and turn the mp3 back on.

dearellano

Vibrate problem

Hi guys, i own a iphone and everything works well until today!!

my iphone goes crazy with the vibrate. It goes vibrate mode and not vibrate mode fast like if its having a i dunno .... its going crazy. anyone knows about this??? i tried reset and nothing.

73degrees

The only thing that's really bothering me is not knowing when someone called or left a message. Should there be a date and time somewhere? Maybe I'm missing something...