How to stop a song

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Slimer

This may be a stupid question, but how do you stop a song once it starts playing?

I can only pause it or keep skipping back until the first song when the ipod then allows me to go to the main menu, with a song playing or being paused in the background.

Also i am getting about 4 hours battery life right now, i keep the hold button on whenever i am not using the ipod, is this draining the battery?

Thanks for the help,

ipod newbie

ashawley

Website
www.
Welcome to the 'lounge slimer.

You can't really stop a song on the iPod, just pause it. If you want to go back to the menu, do what you're doing, just press the Menu key, then you can select another song and play from there.

4 hours sounds pretty poor. The 8 hours estimate is based on not pressing the keys a bunch etc. Try a test, hit Browse>Songs>All, then press play. Let it play until it dies. Do this starting w/a full charge.

See how long it lasts, don't touch any keys and leave the EQ and Backlight off.

Adam

Losimagic

Website
losimagic.net
ashawley said:

You can't really stop a song on the iPod, just pause it. If you want to go back to the menu, do what you're doing, just press the Menu key, then you can select another song and play from there.

4 hours sounds pretty poor. The 8 hours estimate is based on not pressing the keys a bunch etc. Try a test, hit Browse>Songs>All, then press play. Let it play until it dies. Do this starting w/a full charge.

Adam
i did that and got about 7hrs 25mins

johnny_y

if u jus tap back-track a couple of times, mine normally stops playin, but i think its in realtion to where it is in the playlist. so sorry, no easy method but its wat i do.

NiTRO

Pleather BarcaLounger
iPod doesn't really need a traditional stop button. There's nothing to stop. When you pause it, the music stops which is all that needs to happen. iPod then goes to sleep until you awake it either by changeing the song or function or resuming the song that was originally playing.

Maybe they should have just labeled the pause button "start/stop" instead and then all these questions about pause/stop in this and countless other threads would be irrelevant. :D

doboy

ashawley said:

Adam
Also note 8 hrs play time is based on 128 AAC files. Depending on ur mp3 bitrate, ur mileage may vary. Smaller mp3/AAC size = longer play time.

Slimer

Thanks guys,

Just a side note, I ran my iPod with EQ turned on continuosly, and it lasted for 7 hours 15 mins. I'm very happy!!

iPod kicks ###!

doboy

Slimer said:
Thanks guys,

Just a side note, I ran my iPod with EQ turned on continuosly, and it lasted for 7 hours 15 mins. I'm very happy!!

iPod kicks ###!
What EQ are u using? Most of them distort the sound.

Slimer

EQ- Rock, i like its balance of treble and bass, for me anyway

TrappedOnEarth

Pod Person
I guess a way to sort of fudge the iPod to stop a song, though it may be a little cumbersome, is to have a short sound file (perhaps only a second long), such as a sound effect in a playlist by itself and when you want it to stop, just go to that "song" and it will play it (for example a 1 or 2 second sound effect ... suppose you could also create a silent effect) and it will then come to a stop after playing it (since nothing follows it).

sandeep

Website
northcaf.com
The way i do it if i'm in the middle of a fairly big list and don't want to skip the the beginning or end, is to just go back into a new playlist, play the first track, then skip back twice and it'll end the list.

other then starting a new song/playlist, or skipping to the beginning or end of a playlist, there's no way of stopping that track from playing.

i personally don't like having it always "playing" or paused, so i always end the track by doing the above.