iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

emmcubed

Anybody else had this problem?

When listening to music and a call comes in--the iPhone sometimes (not frequently) freezes and I have to do a hard reset.

Happens maybe 1 in 30 calls...

cherno

ManuteBol said:
Aside from the 40 hour wait to activate my iPhone (finally got it working last Sunday) it has been glitch-free...up until today. I switch between the many features of the phone very frequently, from SMS to Safari to Mail to Camera to Photos to Google Maps in a matter of a few minutes. I love this thing!

However, I noticed today that my phone got a bit "slower". The slider bar was very choppy. The phone was "reluctant" to change the orientation of my pictures and internet browser, and when it did, it too was very choppy. There was a delay when I input my passcode. I started getting a bit worried. Then the phone started acting even stranger. It would constantly return to the main "widgets" screen within 1-2 minutes of activating a feature. I'd listen to a song, then it would cut off and go to the main screen. Google maps would load, then again it would crash and go back to the main screen. Same thing for Safari; load a website, it crashes, and return to main screen. Its only been 5 days and already my iPhone got glitchy.

I then realized that I didn't turn the phone off for about 48 hours. Without powering off, I would charge it and go to sleep, or charge it in my car during my commute. I didn't know how to reset the thing when it got glitchy, so I just turned it off for 1 minute. I turned it back on, and voila...it was good as new. Slider bar was smooth, everything again ran perfectly. So, every now and then I "power off" the phone to keep it running smoothly.

I don't know how to explain this problem, has anyone else run into a similar situation?
I was having these same problems. I thought it was because I was at work and didn't have network and little cell availability for some reason. Then the slide to unlock stopped functioning all together. So I did a reboot and things seem to be working better. I am also going to remember to keep clearing the cache (from the settings menu) on ocassion as well.

As for why this has to be done and letting the cell phone cool down....
This is for all intents and purposes, a computer. All electronic devices when being run have a tendency to heat up. Batteries on any cell phone, latpop etc while in use begin to heat. Heat is death to computers. So be kind, give them a break.

It would make sense that an ocassional "reboot" is required. I don't care if it is windows or mac, leaving your operating system up and running for multiple days may be possible, but it is always healthy to give it a little restart to clear out cache and let the system reset.

For Neo(?) who said we needed a quicker way to navigate contacts, I am assuming you know the alphabet is on the side to assist with that so you don't have to slide every time? I am not having a problem using that to quickly go to a particular contact.

tmccloud

Surfing stops the music

When I am surfing at home on wifi and listening to the ipod at the same time, the music randomly stops. Anyone else w/ that problem or how to prevent it from happening? Seems to happen with a web page is taking a long time to load.

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
tmccloud said:
When I am surfing at home on wifi and listening to the ipod at the same time, the music randomly stops. Anyone else w/ that problem or how to prevent it from happening? Seems to happen with a web page is taking a long time to load.

I've seen the same thing. It's the iPod software crashing in the background. I reset my iPhone (hold down the home and standby buttons) and it seems to happen less often now. I'm guessing Safari is more the culprit. This should be the first thing addressed in a soft/firmware update.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
Ketsuo said:
When the iPhone is really hot from browsing or doing any energy comsuming activity, it sometimes freezes.

When the iPhone is really hot and you reset it, it freezes on the apple logo. I found out that you should then reset it again and let the phone cool down before turning it back on.
emmcubed said:
Wow. I have to let my mobile phone 'cool down'? That's really inconvenient.
Well duh! Are u SERIOUSLY gonna keep the phone if you have to let it cool down between use?

Comeon people, u can't love anything that much.

Your prob maybe THIS and Apple should replace it for ya.

pdpgoomba

when the phone wakes up from sleep the touch screen doesn't react so i've missed calls this way. It won't let me "slide to unlock" 7 times out of 10.

The phone glitches like crazy. At first I thought it was the EDGE network but it did so in iPod mode. It keeps on shutting down whatever I was doing and takes me back to the main menu. Anyone actually go to the apple store and exchange it there or do I have to call up Apple? Also anyone return the phone opened without having to pay the $60 fee? I love the thing but at $600 it had better be perfect or else I'm just going to wait for the new generation

If I do an exhange it's going to be a pain to have to keep on entering my numbers since I don't use MS Outlook. I wish Apple would design it so that we could just use our old SIM cards.

I can't believe this thing doesn't have AIM!!!!!

ManuteBol

pdpgoomba said:
It keeps on shutting down whatever I was doing and takes me back to the main menu.
Did you try shutting the phone off then turning it back on? I had that problem (see 1st page) and shutting it off and then back on every now and then fixes the "glitch" for me. As for AIM, theres an app that supposedly allows you to get on AIM, although I haven't tried it yet.

pdpgoomba

yea i shut it off and the problems went away

Anyone know where I can get this AIM app? More memory and AIM are the only things I think this phone is missing.

I can live without setting my music for ringtones although I understand why others would want it.

cherno

The ilounge list of webapps for iPhone has the link to the AIM chat thing.

I found a new bug last night. I was trying to set up a recurring appointment on the calendar for every friday from now until sometime in december with a biweekly recurrence. After I did it, I wound up with two sometimes three duplicates on the calendar on every other friday.

icruise

My biggest complaint is that the auto correction on the keyboard will randomly stop functioning. I think this happens most often when loading a large page (like a non-optimized forum page).

vbhtml

One other glitch I've found is that the battery doesn't seem to indicate a full charge if you charge it on the wall plug. This causes the usage statistics to not reset.

The workaround that have seemed to work so far is:
Once the iPhone has appeared to charge fully (but still no plug icon)...
1. Turning off Wifi
2. Un-plug from wall
3. Re-plug to wall
Then you should see a wall plug icon on the battery.

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
Okay, here's a weird (and new I think) bug.

I have several playlists that I synch to the iPhone. One's songs that haven't been played recently and one's songs that I've added in the last four months. Thing is, when I go to play the least recent playlist, the songs in it are all from the recently added list. The least recently played songs are all on iPhone and can be accessed through either the Songs, Artists or Albums views but the least recent playlist shows the wrong songs. Anyone else seeing playlists showing the wrong songs on iPhone?

hokuhoku

device timeout errors during sync

I was getting device timeout errors when trying to sync my iPhone to my PC iTunes music library. Here's how I fixed it.

- I was using some crappy third party iPod cable to connect the dock to my PC.
- I swapped that cable out and replaced it with the original iPhone cable that came with the box.

The device timeout sync errors magically went away.

dakdag

Here's something weird. Just got my iphone a couple of days ago and so far it has exceeded my expectations as far as fun-ability and usability. The only thing that has happened is yesterday i was on a call, another call came in, the call i was talking to hung up right as i went to the other call. the phone started vibrating like a call was coming in and continued to pulsate-vibrate while on the call. I hung up, made another call, and again it pulsated-vibrated through the duration of the call. Called a few more people to see and continued to do it. Turned the phone off, back on and no more. No big deal i guess but it was interesting. Thought ya'll might like to hear it.

AllanCook

When I synch my iPhone, it opens iPhoto instead of iTunes. I just quit iPhoto and open iTunes. No big deal, but it is a little annoying.

robotknees

I've been having a couple problems with mine

1) When I'm listening in iPod mode, sometimes the song title/song playing don't match up or the album art/song playing don't match up.

2) When I try to sync my podcasts it transfers ALL of them no matter what setting for how many I choose.

riddlemd

AllanCook said:
When I synch my iPhone, it opens iPhoto instead of iTunes. I just quit iPhoto and open iTunes. No big deal, but it is a little annoying.
That happens only when you have images in your iphones camera folder... wish it would remember and only do it when there are NEW ones in there ;p

Jucin

Viewing Map Directions then it just takes me back to the home screen while Im in the middle of it.

cherno

"Syncing" contacts with outlook is hardly a sync at all. If you put a contact manually on the phone and expect it to go to your contacts list in outlook when you next sync you will be disappointed. It won't sync back to your contacts list and it seems to sometimes delete the item from your phone without warning.

Last edited: