I bought my ipod 80gb black video g5 a few days ago. I ran up itunes, the first time everything ran smoothly. It connected and the music/video clips were transferred. The problem arose when;
1) Today I decided to add a few more video clips. I load these video clips onto itunes.
2) I connect the ipod, itunes opens. I press sync. For a long while, perhaps 2-3 min it says at the top of itunes "Syncing ipod - do not disconnect." Then out of the blue comes a pop-up error message saying "The ipod [the name of my ipod] cannot be synced. The required disc not found.
" And the synching did not take place. Everything remained the same on my ipod. I still have the 11gb of music I put on it earlier, but nothing from the itunes added to it.
3) At this point I exit itunes. Open it up again. However now my ipod has dissappeared and is no longer shown on the itunes. Now sure if this is normal or not.
4) I reboot. I connect the ipod again. Itunes starts. This time I tick "enable disc usage" however the end result is the same. I get the same error message again.
5) I did not restore/reformat the ipod yet because this excerpt I found before I stumbled on this site, scared me off a bit; “The iPod cannot be updated. The required disc cannot be found.” So you reformat your iPod and reload the new firmware. Then your iPod stops appearing in iTunes. It mounts onto the desktop as a disk rather than with an iPod icon."
I would appreciate any help short of returning the ipod. Since I live in a different country from where I bought it, returning it would be very difficult and not without it's own problems.
PS: I use a windows PC (xp) not a mac.
Also today out of nowhere popped up these exclamation marks. Could they be related?