AAC to CD

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Drummerboy6484

Will the AAC format play on a CD in, say, a car CD player? In other words; can I d/l songs from itunes and burn them to a CD to play in my car, or will I need to convert them to some other format?

~JC

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
Errrr... check your car's audio manual see if i can play AAC?

Else in iTunes, burn AUDIO CD, then it will work everywhere, but u only get ~15 tracks/CD like a regular CD though.

kornchild2002

Many after market car CD decks can play mp3 data CDs and some can play AAC data CDs (what I mean by data is that you can fit over 15 songs on a CD, you can fit around 100 or so depending on your compression settings). However, many factory installed CD players still don't support mp3 or AAC. As bobb said, check your car's manual (or your CD deck's manual if it is an after market) to see if they support AAC data CDs.

If not, they you are stuck with either purchasing a new car CD deck or just burning audio CD's which means you will only be able to fit 15 or so songs on a CD.

Just remember that if you download music off of the iTunes Store, there isn't a single CD deck that can play those data files. Music purchased off of the iTunes store is locked to your authorized computers and your iPod, NOTHING else can play those files. You can burn iTunes Store songs to a audio CD for universal playback though, but not data.

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
Nearly every major car stereo manufacturer offers models that will playback .m4a files recorded onto CD in a data format. This includes Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Panasonic, and JVC.

kornchild2002

Drummerboy6484 said:
Yea, my CD player is not mp3 capable. I was just talking about burning a normal audio CD. Thanks for the help guys!

~JC
Oh, then yes, that will work. You will be able to playback a iTunes burned audio CD in any modern-day CD player and most older ones. Part of the problem is that some older CD decks (about 1997, 1998, and 1999) may have some problems playing back user burned CDs. They should be able to handle them most of the time but there is always that one CD deck that can only play professionally burned CDs.

tokerblue

I would buy one or two CDs of different brands and see if there is one that works well on your CD player. Some can be picky on what brand they like.

I've always had geat luck with Verbatim CDs and also Sony CDs.