Join Together: File Permission Error -54

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Charles Barboru

I'm attempting to join audio book tracks into a few larger ones. I realize the limitations of 13 or more hours so I'm just attempting to make each cd it's own track complete with chapters.

When I select the track for an album, start join together, it all goes great. Joins the tracks in quicktime, exports the "movie" although it does start at 80% but that completes quickly and goes fine apparently. The Join together starts up chapter tool and creates the chapters. Then it copies the file into itunes. Here's where something goes wrong.

When it copies the file, (I can see the copy in iTunes window) iTunes briefly shows fetching artwork. Join together pops up an error that says Applescript Error: iTunes got an error: File Permission Error -54.

The file join together just created is in iTunes and it plays fine. The only problem with it is that it only contains the name of the file. No artist or anything else. Join together is still runnin g trying to add the file to iTunes. I can close it and then start another file. Sam thing over and over.

I have my iTunes folder on an external drive so it's not in the normal location. Could that be the problem?

What other information can I provide to help resolve the issue or should I contact Doug directly? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Website
dougscripts.com
Fixed

This is a reported error and has been fixed in Join Together v5.1.2, to be released on April 5, 2007.

The -54 is a file open error. iTunes is too busy examining the just-added joined file for volume information, so that the routine in Join Together that applies tags cannot be completed. The fixed version waits for iTunes to finish this process and then applies the tags after iTunes closes the file.

GetMeCoat

Website
www.podcaststingers.com
Ah, great. It only started with iTunes 7.1.x. I've been rebooting quite a lot (the only way I could get it to work). I'll download the latest. Thanks, Doug.
BTW you didn't reply to my email and now I can't remember what it was about!

Martin

OK, found the email. I've posted it here:
http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?p=1096294

Last edited: