How can we download songs from other countries' iTune Stores???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GrecianApple

Hi. I am new here and I need to know if there is a way to download songs from other countries' iTune stores.

Specifically, I live in the U.S. and I have an account with iTunes Store USA tied to my credit card billed at my U.S. address.

Originally, I am from Greece. Naturally, the iTunes Store Greece has a plethora of Greek songs that cannot be found at the iTunes Store USA. The songs cost 0.99 Euro and I tried buying them but the message came that I have to have an account there tied to a credit card billed in Greece.

Pretty screwed up, if you ask me. Why can we not download from other countries' stores since we live in a Gloablization Era. I can use my credit card when I travel but we can I not use it to buy songs from another country's iTunes store????:confused: :shake:

Any advice from the veteran experts here?

Thanks,

Yannis

Eric Lewis

Apple Lover
Well buying songs from another country is ilegal. Yes you can do it...but your not supposed to do it.. There are ways but we are not allowed to post details

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Eric Lewis said:
Well buying songs from another country is ilegal. Yes you can do it...but your not supposed to do it.. There are ways but we are not allowed to post details
Actually, it's not illegal. As long as you have a Greek billing address for your credit card, you can sign up for a Greek iTunes Store account and purchase songs from there.

If, however, you do not have a Greek billing address for your credit card, you can purchase an iTunes Store Card from Greece either on eBay (if they have any there, or if they even make cards in Greece) and use it at that store.

Code Monkey

Eric Lewis said:
Well buying songs from another country is ilegal.
There is definitely nothing illegal about purchasing from other countries, it's called importation for personal consumption. This was one of the sticky problems with sites like allofmp3.com and why the RIAA bought pretty much the whole WTO to make that one company such a big target.

The issue is that Apple has agreed to not sell to anyone who doesn't have an account linked to a billing address in a given country. It's an agreement Apple has made with the various local recording agencies, nothing whatsoever to do with the legality of the enduser buying music from other countries.

Although you'll still be better off just going to the local Amazon.co for that country (if there is one) and buying from them in most cases as far as I'm concerned.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Yes, "illegal" is the wrong word. It is, however in violation of the iTunes Terms of Use to try to circumvent these policies or restrictions, which could result in Apple suspending your iTunes account (which would also mean that you could potentially lose access to your purchased content in that you would never be able to reauthorize your computer for it).

In a really huge stretch, using a fake address or other information of that nature could also be construed as fraud. This is why we have a policy on discussions around circumventing the international purchase restrictions.

However, if you have a legitimate billing address in another country then that's a different story entirely, and there are many people (myself included) who do this by virtue of dual citizenship or simply having residential/business addresses in more than one country.