Syncing Google Calendar and Ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SuperSide

Is there anyway to sync my google calendar and my ipod? I am using a PC.

kornchild2002

No. iTunes and the iPod will only sync with Microsoft Outlook on Windows. You could always switch over to that but it isn't free.

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
Their is software to do it, GetCals, but the link to download it has been removed. I emailed the author to find out if he can send me a copy if he does I'll post a link here.

Website
www.ilounge.com
An ICS export is actually pretty easy to do with Google Calendar... Just find the link for your "private" calendar under the Google Calendar Settings, and click on the "ICAL" button. This will download a .ICS file to your computer.

You can then just copy this file up to your iPod's "Calendars" directory in disk mode (via Windows Explorer, accessing the iPod through a drive letter).

Of course, this can be a bit cumbersome to do on a regular basis, but it will work.

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
kornchild2002 said:
That is the software that I was looking for but the damned link was removed. I thought the author just stopped development. Nice to know it is back up and running.
Yeah I just emailed him asking for it. I don't know if he is still developing it or not.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
OK great. I guess u plug in the iPod, then when ready, run getCals.

If u folks (advance users) want to automate the whole process, this is how:

Schedule getCals run(s), have it deposit the calendar file into your HD (choose any loc).

Download my iNotes util (click my Winscript sig), this will sit there and waits for u to plug in the iPod (whenever), and graps the the calendar (and other files like notes) from HD -> iPod. Warning: I cannot provide support for this util, u have access to the source.

Zman77

I am not advanced with computer software, I normally set up the external parts. So, how do you use getCals??? When I open it I just see a DOS like screen appear and it says "Location not found" I have my iPod touch plugged in. What is the problem?

Last edited:

markinboone

Thunderbird in the mix...

For those not using Outlook: I use Thunderbird for mail and contacts with the Add-Ons Lightning and Provider for Google Calendars. These work seamlessly. I have 7 Google calendars that I can view and edit right from Thunderbird. I also have the Add-on mozPod which synchs contacts and calendars to my iPod. :)