iPod won't stop repeating same songs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ChrissyW

Hi
I am another novice ipod user having received a 4Gb nano for Christmas. I did not receive a CD with the ipod nano so I installed itunes from the intranet. All okay except my playlist keeps jumping to the same 3 songs over and over again. Repeat is clicked as off and shuffle is not on. Everytime I click play or forward the same 3 songs are repeated. I downloaded 1 song from itunes and included that in my playlist and now I can see the little play icon move down to the same songs always starting with this one. The same thing happens with the initial library. It's driving me crazy .....can any one help?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Okay, repeat off, Shuffle off, you start playing... It plays the songs IN ORDER. that means the exact same songs will be played in the exact same order that the playlist is in.

If you want a differant order, either turn shuffle on, or change the order of the playlist...

What order is the playlist in on the iPod? Does it appear that the iPod is playing from begining to end, or is it really jumping to odd places in the playlist?

A playlist is basically a list of songs you want played in a specific order. If you want to mix up the order you either have to shuffle, or change the order.

That's if I'm understanding your issue correctly.

Good luck and welcome to iLounge.

ChrissyW

bbqhog said:
Try removing and reloading the playlist in question.
I have already tried this one too - removing and redoing the playlist seems to make no difference unfortunately. One thing I was incorrect about the intial library - that plays okay. I have also deinstalled and reinstalled itunes twice.

ChrissyW

Hi
You are correct repeat is off, shuffle is off. The same 3 songs are playing in the same order, one is half way down the play list the next is near the end and the 3rd is at the bottom. When I click play the icon moves to eachg in that order. The wierd thing is that the first 2 are ones I bought from itunes. This could be a complete red herring of course. I want to play all the songs from start to finish and not have the playlist mixed - I also want to be able to skip on the next one in line if I want to do so.

I have de installed and re installed itunes twice, deleted the playlist and started again, reset the ipod. I liked those 3 songs before but now ......

ChrissyW

Another wierd thing. I have just deleted those 3 songs from the play list and now nothing plays at all on the play list

ChrissyW

Could this really be a different problem? I have just deleted the offending 3 songs and the playlist won't play at all now - when I click play nothing happens.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
two ideas. one involves shuffle being on, the other involves the majority of your songs being corrupt on the iPod in that playlist.

When you are in the now playing screen do the shuffle arrows show up in the right upper corner? Shuffle in settings and "shuffle songs" from the main menu are two different things.

Check the settings menu on your iPod and see if shuffle songs is on. If it is, then there is a chance that the rest of the songs in the playlist are set to "skip while shuffling" this would mean they wouldn't play.

If shuffle in settings isn't on, and the songs aren't set to skip while shuffling, it could be that the songs in the playlist are corrupt and don't want to play. Delete these trouble songs from iTunes (But keep on your hard drive). Sync the iPod to remove the songs, readd the songs to iTunes, and resync the iPod and see if the issue is fixed.

ChrissyW

Very frustrated - Playlist just will not play

Hi

Thanks for your helpful advice which probably would have solved the problem if I had asked the right question. After many long frustrating hours when I really should have been doing other things it seems that my orginal question is not the actual problem as the play list simply does not play for any song that I take from the library other than 1 track I purchased from iTunes. It looks like the problem lies not with the iPod nano as this is happening on my computer before I even synch the iPod.

I have now gone to the extent of de installing itunes, re installing it , deleted all my library from the computer and restored the ipod back to it's orignal setting. Basically I have started again from scratch. I have copied 2 CDs only into the library - and itunes plays all songs without a problem from the library. However when I transfer a couple of tracks from each CD into my created playlist no tracks will play - except for the 1 track I purchased from iTunes.

Maybe someone at itunes does not like to see a playlist called Running!!

Any suggestions?

Chrissy

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Can you play the playlist in iTunes?

Did you check the shuffle settings/skip while shuffle stuff I suggested?

Can you make any other playlists? Do they work?

What format did you rip the songs in? Do the songs in question that won't play in the playlist play if you find them in the iPod library?

ChrissyW

Hi
Yes I checked the shuffle settings / skip whilst shuffle you suggested but to no avail.

However I now have a bigger prolem and this is getting scary. I am not even going near the ipod at the moment as it looks like this is a problem with my loading CD's into itunes. I have just deinstalled itunes yet again and reinstalled it. I have just imported 2 CD's into the music library - these are the only CD's I have in the music ibrary. I click on play in the library (music) and .... nothing happens. It won't play at all. Mute is not on from neither the computer own settings or for itunes. Shuffle is not on. The songs in the music library are showing as AAC audio files (I had earlier today converted the whole of the library to AAC and then deleted it all when it would not play). I am wondering if I have now corrupted my computer with all this.

FYI before I went through this most recent deinstall/ reinstall I could play in all the songs the itunes ibrary but not in any of the play lists - except the 1 tune I had purchased from itunes of course!!

ChrissyW

studogvetmed said:
it won't be related to the iPod at all, but you can check this article on audio playback for iTunes. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93610

You are ripping with iTunes right? What are you import settings under advanced preferences in iTunes?
Hi
Thanks for the link which was useful as I have now gone through pretty much all of the troubleshooting options on the link

1) iTunes is 7.02
2) Audio driver has been checked and showing that I hae latest version alredy
3) No 3rd party plug-ins
4) Enabled Max Audio hardware Acceleration
5) Disabled Sound Enhancer
6) Installedlatest version of DirectX
7) Total Recorder was not present
8) Sound card driver appears to be most current

I had hoped that by doing all of this I would have solved the problem but no I go to themusic library cliclk n play and still o sound. The loudspeaker icon appears, darts through all the songs then disappers but no sound

Yes I am ripping with iTunes. The import settings under advanced iTunes are as follows

Importing using : AAC Encoder
Setting : High quality (128 Kbps)

Hope you can help