• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Who got the turd (brown Zune) for Christmas?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

n2xe

Audio Evangelist
Website
www.n2xe.com
Talk about a lump of coal, who got a brown Zune for Christmas? Really, who's parents wouldn't spring the extra $10 for the real deal? Apple sold about 15 million iPods this season, Microsoft sold four Zunes. Who got em? I want to name names.

Who among you got the big brown turd? Worse yet, who's parents out there saved yet another $10 and got you a white Zune? Did your friends ask what you got for Christmas and did you neglect to mention the Turd?

Even worse, did your brother get an iPod and you got the Zune just so you two wouldn't have the same thing? Which one of you are held in such low esteem that you got a Zune for Christmas? Who among you has been plunking quarters into the Microsoft slot for those Zune Tune credits? Just curious. I don't want to make you feel bad or anything, I just want to know what thoughtless sub-human figured you were worthy of a Zune.

ltspongebob

WOW! are you an apple/ipod zealot or what? :D I don't like the zune either, but that doesn't mean that it sucks. Are you joking around or are you just an A$$?:shake: It serves no purpose to just announce that something sucks in your opinion. I'm sure other people think the iPod sucks and the Zune is a cool brown color.

n2xe

Audio Evangelist
Website
www.n2xe.com
no, I am truly curious about who's parents or loved ones care so little to bestow them with this turd...

musichound

If I received a brown Zune for Christmas I would happily load up my CD music and use it as a secondary player. Watching video on it is a better experience from what I hear. It's a pity the Zune is straddled down by poor software and the need for points to purchase music.

P.S. I think this thread is in the wrong forum and doesn't serve a purpose.

n2xe

Audio Evangelist
Website
www.n2xe.com
longjetty said:
I think the Zune sounds awesome, whats so bad about it.
Well nothing if it were the first device of its type on the market. It's just that it was touted as the "iPod killer" and it fell so woefully short of the mark.

Fists of Fury

HEY!!! the Zune is a great mp3 player. Don't start flaming it just because it isnt made by Apple.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Fists of Fury said:
HEY!!! the Zune is a great mp3 player. Don't start flaming it just because it isnt made by Apple.
Yes, it is. In the same vein as the offerings made by Creative, Toshiba (who makes the Zune btw) Sandisk and others. Nice players, but not iPod killers. M$ built up WAY too much hype and are now going to have to work to live up to it.

That being said, this IS an iPod forum.

Fists of Fury

Ya... I got a Zune for Christmas..... not an ipod killer by any means, but I don't think its going to go away. A lot of people I know (with ipods) really want one. Its a nice music player

bdb

On the B side of life
What a stupid troll this is. Get a life, nx2e. You can keep yourself plenty busy over the next two weeks helping all the newbs that got iPods and can't make them work (it happens every Christmas). Do something positive for a change.

n2xe

Audio Evangelist
Website
www.n2xe.com
bdb said:
What a stupid troll this is. Get a life, nx2e. You can keep yourself plenty busy over the next two weeks helping all the newbs that got iPods and can't make them work (it happens every Christmas). Do something positive for a change.

That reminds me of a joke: Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says to the other "hey, I've lost an electron!" The other says "are you sure?" The first hydrogen atom replies "yes, I'm positive!"

So anyway BVD, don't get your panties all in a bunch just because we're having some fun at Microsoft's expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.