Podcasts keep getting deleted

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

stinwkeed8

OK..I have searched everywhere for this issue..I find bits and pieces, but no real answers. Ive got 7.0.2 and an ipod mini. This has been happening pretty much since Itunes 7 came out.

My podcasts keep getting deleted out of my windows directory so that itunes cant FIND them...I get this error: The podcast "----" could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it................

Well it really is nowhere to be found. My podcasts always seem to download into 1 of 2 locations in C: my music/itunes/itunes music/downloads or C: my music/itunes/itunes music/podcasts...

I have verifed that they download into a directory...then i have shut down itunes and 9/10 times the podcast is gone once itunes starts up again..just vanished from windows. The podcast does remain on my ipod through this, and is on my podcast list in itunes...its just gone from windows...this is extremely frustrating. I have tried completely deleting itunes and all registry entries, wiping my ipod, reinstalling itunes and resyncing...it didnt help. I have set the settings on podcasts to "KEEP ALL EPISODES" so nothing should delete...I have right clicked on the podcast and checked "do not auto delete"

I am fed up with this...does anybody know why this is happening and have a fix?

Thanks in advance

moshea

podcasts keep gettting deleted

Well, you're not crazy, if that is any comfort. I have been having the same exact problem and have not yet found a solution, other than deleting and resubscribing to each podcast the second before I need it. Let's hope someone figures something out...

felder71

I thought I was the only one! It seems to be a 7.0 problem but literally, I'll check for the file after it downloads and then shutting down iTunes deletes the file. Not in the recycling bin, but just gone. It's super frustrating. Hopefully there will be an answer soon.

Vertigo50

Just so you know, most people probably won't post an answer even if they have it when you keep posting the same question repeatedly. It annoys people, and makes them less likely to help.

stinwkeed8

Vertigo50 said:
Just so you know, most people probably won't post an answer even if they have it when you keep posting the same question repeatedly. It annoys people, and makes them less likely to help.

How dumb is that...