How do I load Mp3's Into my iTunes Library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cardiac-cowboy

Okay I have searched and tried the most simple ideas to load my CD;s with MP3's into iTunes. With iTunes open I insert the CD, it won't upload into itunes. I tried to add a file, but when I remove the cd from the drive I get an !placed by the track name. I try creating a folder and placing it into the HD with the music files in there already, I then open iTunes and search for the artist, and it not there. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY mp3's into iTunes so that I can load them into my iPod. Also how do I add an avatar to my profile.

Peace
B :confused:

Almahadeus

Put the CD in your drive and when the tracks are showing on your iTunes just click on the IMPORT button on iTunes and that is really it.
Hope this helps.

habsrock13

Poolside Lounger
Almahadeus basicallt told you what to do, but you can't just drag and drop songs from a CD onto your hard drive without actually importing them onto your hard drive.

cardiac-cowboy

I have tried to do it that way, they will show up in my libarary, but when I remove the CD from the drive I get an exclamation point next to each track, I click on the track to play play it and itunes says that it can't find the track. What am I doing wrong....Also how do I get an avatar for my profile.

Cheers:mad:

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
My guess is you don't have "copy to iTunes music folder" selected in your preferences.

If this is the case, and this is an MP3 CD as it sounds like it is, iTunes makes an alias to the song because you don't have copy to music folder selected, it thinks the songs are on the CD and that is where they stay.

To get around this first move the MP3s from the CD to where you'd like them to live on the hard drive and add them to the library from that location, or you can turn on "copy to iTunes music folder" on in preferences, if you do that, iTunes will do a bit of it's own organizing, though.

Good luck.

Website
www.ilounge.com
If you're adding MP3 files from a CD (as opposed to an audio CD), you basically just use either drag and drop or File->Add Folder to library. However, you also have to ensure that the "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" under Edit->Preferences->Advanced is turned ON, otherwise iTunes will just reference those files from their original locations (which in this case is the CD -- hence they'll be "missing" when you remove the CD from the drive).

In answer to your other question, Avatars are only enabled on this forum for very senior members (1500 posts and one year of membership).