Reccomendations for volume-control headphones?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darthipod

Can anbody reccomend a quality set of clear sounding, reasonably priced headphones that have a nice ability to adjust the volume level in small increments at a time?

The volume limiter and adjustment features within Ipod/Itunes do not have enough of an adjustment range to fit my needs. My hearing is really sensitive, and I work in an enviornment that is as quiet as a library.

I love good, crisp, clean sound--just not turning it up to 11.

darthipod

Macromedia said:
So why not go for a IEM or a closed headphone?
Second what is your budget?

Well, I got the impression that IEM was used for singers to better hear/sing on stage. Closed headphones still would not solve the limiting the volume issue. The idea is to get the volume lower than what the ipod's volume control allows when using it exclusively (hence the request for volume adjustment headphones)

As far as budget goes, I really don't want to spend more than 100 US, but could go higher if no lower-priced quality set was available.

shixun

Überlounger
Website
forums.ilounge.com
darthipod said:
Can anbody reccomend a quality set of clear sounding, reasonably priced headphones that have a nice ability to adjust the volume level in small increments at a time?

As far as budget goes, I really don't want to spend more than 100 US, but could go higher if no lower-priced quality set was available.
The Altec Lansing iM716, which has a volume control, had previously been available for as little as $63, but is now a bit over $100. The Koss KSC75 sold at RadioShack also has a volume control. In addition, the Shure Attachable Volume Control should serve your purpose.

darthipod